Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2011, 02:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The ability to print off the full slate of bios settings (including what "Auto" is doing), and/or access that information from within windows to print off from there.

Tweaking memory would be soooo much easier.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old January 2, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So im hearing Bios tweeks :)

Any hardware or Driver tweeks ?

Creative needs to do some home work :(
Old January 2, 2011, 11:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Since LCD monitors have been made, I have dreamed of a case that would b "L" shaped and a monitor up to 24" could be mounted above the "foot" of the L.

Of course, this dream case could hold any mother board that the user wanted - replaceable mb tray for future form factors.

Other Concerns - Wishes:
With the ungodly weight of cpu heat sinks lately, does anyone think that the industry will move to mb standoffs for the mounting of cpu coolers?

+1 sswilson: MB speaker to have mute function in the BIOS/Win. Control Panel for those who don't want the beep sounds.

Last edited by HalifaxPete; January 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old January 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxPete View Post
Since LCD monitors have been made, I have dreamed of a case that would b "L" shaped and a monitor up to 24" could be mounted above the "foot" of the L.

Of course, this dream case could hold any mother board that the user wanted - replaceable mb tray for future form factors.
*snip*
Chieftec introduces L-shaped PC case - Chieftec, L-Type, case, l-shaped - PC Games Hardware

Well, not sure if this is what you're thinking of but its pretty damn close I'd say

Old January 11, 2011, 04:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to vote for some type of self diagnostic program or Hardware piece on a Main board (kinda like how your engine computer knows something is wrong) so we can help troubleshoot faster and save on wrongly RMA'd items and such.
Or have the diagnostic programs built right into BIOS/EFI.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2011, 05:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'm going to vote for some type of self diagnostic program or Hardware piece on a Main board (kinda like how your engine computer knows something is wrong) so we can help troubleshoot faster and save on wrongly RMA'd items and such.
Or have the diagnostic programs built right into BIOS/EFI.

ST
Remember the MSI fiasco? RTFM.

Old January 12, 2011, 05:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
Remember the MSI fiasco? RTFM.
Yeah, I do sadly lol!!

Maybe if they stopped making ju... nm.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 12, 2011, 05:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

no more blue screens, ever..

if that isn't possible, I wouldn't mind having a better dump system for that, easy to locate and navigate through and set with timestamps, so you can look for patterns.
Old January 12, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

what if we could get a bios that we could run say prime95/linuX in so stress testing could be done in bios so we could fast tweak. if that makes ant sense
Old January 12, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Rhe new Asus bios looks promising

Tags
"god" , talking