Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31, 2010, 08:38 AM
Rookie

Default ssd setup and tweaks

I have done some tweaks with my ssd. I have read a lot of mixed information about ssds though. Mostly around my pagefile. I have run crystalmark and got better results with my pagefile on. I have the intel x25 160gb ssd gen2. I also have 6gb of gskill ram. From what I have seen on my PC the pagefile actually improves performance slightlyin the benchmarking. Because the performance difference was so slight I cant count out either or. There could be variables that I didnt look at causing either or to swing. What I want to do it run the benchmark a few more times and see what I get. I just ran it quickly this morning while sipping coffee before work.

What I am really trying to get at is, has anyone done a comprehensive review of performance with an ssd and the pagefile?
Old December 31, 2010, 08:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Windows 7 - Ultimate SSD Speed Tweaks