Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
Associate Review Editor

Go into the DRAM configuration menu and set Trfc to 110 across all four channels. It should give you a lot more bus speed & northbridge overclocking headroom.
Old October 25, 2010, 11:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ah thx Mac!

Ya I'm not to experience with RAM settings, I basically just have it so I can clock higher stabily now, but I'm sure it could be tweaked for better performance. So my big issue now is my CPU cooling, lol, I have kind of a low speed fan on my Thermalright Ultra 120, and my PSU set up isnt helping, need to mount it on the bottom. Tempted to toss my watercooling loop onto it But i like the lesser maintenace aspect of aircooling. Might just throw a leafblower onto the cooler
Old October 25, 2010, 12:02 PM
Associate Review Editor

Download the AMD OverDrive (AOD) Utility, it will give you the most 'accurate' CPU temps. If you can keep AOD load temps under 55C, you're 100% fine.

Your Ultra-120 should have no problems keeping a Phenom II X6 under control, even while overclocked, especially since you really aren't using much voltage.
Old October 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey guys, I want to say thanks, so far I've been testing 13 hours straight Prime 95 blend with no errors at 4Ghz with 1.47Vcore (update, 18.5 hours, Prime95 blend no errors :-)

Over the next week I'll post some more pictures showing my settings, and temps, and my final results

At the moment going to play around with some of the settings, see if I can get my RAM set a little more efficient. And Play with the NB frequency a bit,

Thanks for the input so far, extremely helpful

When I originally posted, I was running F2 BIOS, as I thought I was having issues with both F4 and F5, however after learning a little more of focusing more closerly on my RAM timings and speed. I updated to F5 and have no issue running the running the BUS at 286Mhz, and looks like I can go higher easily.

Last edited by TerenceJ; October 26, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old November 9, 2011, 04:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceJ View Post
Hey guys, I want to say thanks, so far I've been testing 13 hours straight Prime 95 blend with no errors at 4Ghz with 1.47Vcore (update, 18.5 hours, Prime95 blend no errors :-)

Over the next week I'll post some more pictures showing my settings, and temps, and my final results

At the moment going to play around with some of the settings, see if I can get my RAM set a little more efficient. And Play with the NB frequency a bit,

Thanks for the input so far, extremely helpful

When I originally posted, I was running F2 BIOS, as I thought I was having issues with both F4 and F5, however after learning a little more of focusing more closerly on my RAM timings and speed. I updated to F5 and have no issue running the running the BUS at 286Mhz, and looks like I can go higher easily.

Hey Terrence,

This is exactly what I got now and I have never oc'd amd before, can you post what you had for different things for this combo? I would like to also hit 4.0