Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2010, 11:12 PM
Default first time

hi, i recently posted for the first time in new builds and am happy to say that i was convinced to buy a 212 plus heatsink, and now i am ready to oc.

i know its not the best heatsink but i am tight on cash.

so, my hardware includes
thuban 1055t
gigabyte 870a-ud3
212+ heatsink
evga460 768mb (which i cant figure out how to redeem for just cause 2)
antec sonata iii 500

so my idle temps with the 212plus are at around 19-30 depending on the moment.
i cant find a reliable temp software that works with the 1055t, realtemp says not supported
and hwmoniter claims 17 degrees in each core, thats way under the real temp.
i am looking for someone to tell me what i need to do very specifically to oc to around 3.8ghz
what settings to adjust in bios, how to disable turbo mode, that sort of thing. plz number steps =D im new.

and in an unrelated note i just about crapped my pants installing the heatsink, the mobo cant come out of the case, so i blindly installed the backplate, and i think i applied way to much thermal paste, anyways the computer wouldnt turn back on so i thought i killed it in the process, but it turns out i didnt notice the lever beside the cpu to lock it in, when i pulled out the stock heatsink, it tore the cpu out so i didnt know to lift the lever up to put it back in. (longest 30 minutes of my life(not really but you get the picture)) but now its fine.
Old October 18, 2010, 07:25 PM

all good, that benchmarking suite thread is awesome.
prelim testing using amd stress tester on all six cores was stable for an hour at 3.36ghz with my case in a wooden cabinet at top temp of only 41 degrees on the cpu and 37 on the northbridge or w/e the other one is. only adjusted fsb and memory multiplier and left voltages on auto. im gonna try for 3.6 in the next few days with a long stability test
increased 3dmark 06 from 17200 to 18300
thanks all.

Old October 18, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Enjoy and have fun OC'ing.....its a blast and is why we do it :)

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
MARK 11: 32.530

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico