Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   MSI afterburner Overvolt (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/35035-msi-afterburner-overvolt.html)

martin_metal_88 August 9, 2010 08:32 PM

MSI afterburner Overvolt

Hey guys! it's me again! So, it's the first time I overvolt a card and I have a little question about it. I am using MSI afterburner to overvolt my R5670 cyclone. I already tweak the software to be able to OV it but when I try ot OV I only can set 0 or 99. Is this right and 99 is a fair value or is this bad and that will make damage to the card because it's to much?
Thx guys! Ask if you need more info!

Martin

lowfat August 9, 2010 09:04 PM

Not sure what you mean by 0 or 99. Generally when you overvolt a card w/ Afterburner it shows the voltage of the core and you just adjust it. i.e. 1205 which would be 1205 millivolts.

geokilla August 9, 2010 09:12 PM

What lowfat said. Have you tried updating to newer drivers and the latest Afterburner?

I wanna overvolt my 9600GT, but sadly, it's not possible I think.

martin_metal_88 August 9, 2010 09:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 413639)
Not sure what you mean by 0 or 99. Generally when you overvolt a card w/ Afterburner it shows the voltage of the core and you just adjust it. i.e. 1205 which would be 1205 millivolts.

This is what I mean, Actually the CV is showing a X number +0, if I set +5 ( exemple ) when I will click apply it will go back to 0. If I put 100 it will go back to 99. If I set it from 0 to 50, it auto set on 0. 51 to 100 it auto set on 99. More clear now?

lowfat August 9, 2010 09:53 PM

Wierd. That is different than anything else I've seen. If you enable voltages under montioring what does it show for your gpu voltage if you move it around?

LarkStarr August 9, 2010 11:35 PM

it probably just adds 99 mV -> 0.099 V

martin_metal_88 August 10, 2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 413651)
Wierd. That is different than anything else I've seen. If you enable voltages under montioring what does it show for your gpu voltage if you move it around?

There is no Voltage option under monitoring, What version are you using??

JD August 10, 2010 10:12 AM

I believe your card does not support voltage increases. If you can't even read the voltage, then I doubt it even more.

Usually the voltage slider is disabled if it's not supported though. However I guess this is one of those weird cases where it doesn't follow the norm.

martin_metal_88 August 10, 2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 413779)
I believe your card does not support voltage increases. If you can't even read the voltage, then I doubt it even more.

Usually the voltage slider is disabled if it's not supported though. However I guess this is one of those weird cases where it doesn't follow the norm.

According to our friend from MSI website she does support it.

MSI Global ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

It's wierd, I will look around to resolve that.

lowfat August 10, 2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 413733)
There is no Voltage option under monitoring, What version are you using??