Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2010, 07:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
You may need more ram. The Evga bords like 3 or 6 slots populated.
whitch slots are your ram in? Check moutherbord manule fore witch slots to populate with only 2 sticks.
It will only run in duel channel with two stick if it is like my EVGA X58 SLI board.
Two Overclock "Sammy" says 3 sticks of ram in.
Well I looked in the manual, I do have the ram sticks in the right spots, but it's probably like you said, the evga board likes 3 slots filled up, I only reason for why I only got 4 gb instead of 6 was because I was on a really tight bugdet but I didn't want to get low profile ram.
Old July 31, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is the RAM DDR3 (tripple CHanell)? If it is only DUEL channel could be a problem also fore ram upgrade.

As fare as I know you need three sticks in the right slots and DDR3 tripple Channel. Fore best effect.

I am running i Duel Channel With 6GB of ram. I cant get half my Slots to funtion. So Try The othe Ram slots. If the other Ram slots dont wok i could be CHIP seating ( pin alignment Issue ) . I just Have to be coraigios and pull out the screw driver and see if this is my problem.

Some People Preffer to Overclock in Duel channel with EVGA Bords.

4 ghrz i would love to get that im on a C0/C1 chip.
Old July 31, 2010, 01:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Is the RAM DDR3 (tripple CHanell)? If it is only DUEL channel could be a problem also fore ram upgrade.

As fare as I know you need three sticks in the right slots and DDR3 tripple Channel. Fore best effect.

I am running i Duel Channel With 6GB of ram. I cant get half my Slots to funtion. So Try The othe Ram slots. If the other Ram slots dont wok i could be CHIP seating ( pin alignment Issue ) . I just Have to be coraigios and pull out the screw driver and see if this is my problem.

Some People Preffer to Overclock in Duel channel with EVGA Bords.

4 ghrz i would love to get that im on a C0/C1 chip.
My ram is dual channel, I guess i'll try and switch the ram sticks even though the evga manual says to put them in the ones I have them in right now.
Old July 31, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If all slots work you have a good seat on chip. It will probaly work best in the recomended slots.

To get bettr preformace think about 6 GB DDR3 (tripple cchannel) as your first upgrade. When you can aford to.
Old July 31, 2010, 07:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
If all slots work you have a good seat on chip. It will probaly work best in the recomended slots.

To get bettr preformace think about 6 GB DDR3 (tripple cchannel) as your first upgrade. When you can aford to.
I plan on getting 6 gb of corsair dominator 1600 mhz, in triple channel.
Old July 31, 2010, 09:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

what are all of your voltages defaulting to?

I can run 4.2 like this:

VC: 1.26
Pll: 1.8
QPI: 1.2
DRAM: 1.65
IOH: 1.2
ICH: 1.2

22x 191

I would try manual voltages with all power saving options turned off (C1E etc.) and all spread spectrum options to disabled, before spending money on ram, unless you just want the ram upgrade. lol
Old August 1, 2010, 07:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
what are all of your voltages defaulting to?

I can run 4.2 like this:

VC: 1.26
Pll: 1.8
QPI: 1.2
DRAM: 1.65
IOH: 1.2
ICH: 1.2

22x 191

I would try manual voltages with all power saving options turned off (C1E etc.) and all spread spectrum options to disabled, before spending money on ram, unless you just want the ram upgrade. lol
No, getting it to 4.2 is no problem, but when I go above 4 ghz my ram starts messing up as show in the pictures above
Old August 1, 2010, 06:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post
No, getting it to 4.2 is no problem, but when I go above 4 ghz my ram starts messing up as show in the pictures above
I just find that sometimes auto settings can really screw up, but setting everything manually occasionally clears up problems.