Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2010, 07:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Best tool for Win.7"

What benchmarking tool is the best for Win 7 64 bit and how should I set up my computer before running it? Should I turn off anti virus etc.? Normally,I would wait for my buddy Killswitch to run one but I figure I should learn this stuff and do it myself. I'm sure my friend has far better things to do other than tweakig and configuring my rig. Anyone?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 1, 2010, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there's not really one for 7 just check out hwbot for all the benchmarks they list ( and i never turn off anit-virus/spyware not for a daily user ) your computer should run great with programs in the background.

but if benching for benching sack then i don't even install all that stuff. if your looking a for a quick and dirty run i use cinebench10/11
Old July 1, 2010, 11:05 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

What exactly are you trying to benchmark? There are many different tools depending on the piece of hardware you want to test as well as how you want to test it.
Old July 2, 2010, 05:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
What exactly are you trying to benchmark? There are many different tools depending on the piece of hardware you want to test as well as how you want to test it.
I would like to benchmark the entire computer.A test that will give the best marks for gaming etc. Can this even be done?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 2, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

for gaming use Futuremark
jmo