Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Core Temp on boot

I've enabled all the settings within core temp; of course I have UAC running so maybe that's the issue here but I'd like core temp to load on boot and drop to system tray for me. I've set up every setting within core temp and it still won't do it.

Ideas?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 15, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It won't startup for me either, so I stuck the shorcut in my startup file.
Old May 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Does it trigger the stupid UAC crap when you toss it in there?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It does for other people using my comp. But I don't really care about that.
Old May 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

2 words.

Batch file.

Edit: Here's the contents of mine. I have a shortcut to the .bat in my startup folder.

@ECHO OFF
START C:\ProgramFiles\CoreTemp64\CoreTemp.exe
Old May 15, 2010, 04:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Batch File?????

Somebody's showing their age.....

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Batch File?????

Somebody's showing their age.....
Ya, well, you know what it is too. Sometimes the old stuff works the best.
Old May 15, 2010, 04:13 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Ya, well, you know what it is too. Sometimes the old stuff works the best.
You may as well just stick a shortcut to Core Temp in your Startup folder. It accomplishes the same thing in a cleaner fashion. Although, anyone who is using an Intel CPU should really be using Real Temp anyway.
Old May 15, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You may as well just stick a shortcut to Core Temp in your Startup folder. It accomplishes the same thing in a cleaner fashion. Although, anyone who is using an Intel CPU should really be using Real Temp anyway.
Real temp only shows three cores for me :P And I can't figure out why lol. I should have thought of the batch file hahaha. Thanks!
Old May 15, 2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Real temp only shows three cores for me :P And I can't figure out why lol. I should have thought of the batch file hahaha. Thanks!
That's because you're using Real Temp GT you dunce . Run the normal EXE and it will work.