Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
That's because you're using Real Temp GT you dunce . Run the normal EXE and it will work.
Hahahahaha.

Okay; well I did... still don't see how to load real temp into system tray now @_@ lol

I'm feeling really stupid right now ahaha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've been using Coretemp because it displays the temps on the screen of my G15 keyboard. Does Realtemp do that now?
Old May 15, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I've been using Coretemp because it displays the temps on the screen of my G15 keyboard. Does Realtemp do that now?
Not that I see.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:30 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Hahahahaha.

Okay; well I did... still don't see how to load real temp into system tray now @_@ lol

I'm feeling really stupid right now ahaha
Go into Settings and check off the Show Icon option for each core in the System Tray Settings area...
Quote:
I have no idea and I don't have a G15, but you could always have a look and see if there's a plugin for that or something.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
You may as well just stick a shortcut to Core Temp in your Startup folder.
It used to come up with an error in Vista when I did that. Something about unsigned drivers, IIRC. That's when I started using the batch file. But I just tested dropping the shortcut in the startup folder in Windows 7, that works now. I do have UAC disabled, don't know if it would puke if I enabled it or not.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It used to come up with an error in Vista when I did that. Something about unsigned drivers, IIRC. That's when I started using the batch file. But I just tested dropping the shortcut in the startup folder in Windows 7, that works now. I do have UAC disabled, don't know if it would puke if I enabled it or not.
Just tried that; and it just didn't bother to even try to load core temp. lol
Old May 15, 2010, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

all i do is copy the shortcut of the .EXE into the startup folder like others have said works fine for me but i always turn off UAC.
Old May 15, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
all i do is copy the shortcut of the .EXE into the startup folder like others have said works fine for me but i always turn off UAC.
Tried that; no dice.. won't even load enough to ask me for the UAC.

Edit: Works either way if I turn UAC off; either dragging into startup folder or through core temps settings, bah.. I kind of like the little UAC guy.

Last edited by encorp; May 15, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
If you're using RivaTuner it does via RealTemp plugin.