Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

hehe, i regularly do 200KM days, that won't be an issue. heck, last week i biked out to Port Franks just to let a friends dog out while she was at work...150KM round trip. a bicycle has been my only mode of transportation for the last 12 years, the biking won't be the problem. it will just come down to headwinds/tailwinds whether i do 200KM in 7 hours or 10...that's all.

hunting down protein at night wherever i land will be the biggest issue.
Old May 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I noticed when you were hitting memset last night that it looked like you select a fairly high tRFC (shows 60 in these screenies). Is that particular to this set, or is it fairly standard across the current stock of chips?

Any "Pro" suggestions as baseline starter settings for folks who are looking to push their clocks / timings, or is every set completely different?
every kit of memory is different, nothing really to give for advice aside from take notes and screens...best advice i can give.

tRFC at 60 is stupid tight and only for benching. of course, each particular IC is different and at some clocks tRFC needs to be in the hundred's. last night the only values tRFC would have been was 68 or 60. i was booting at 74 and tightening to either or in windows.