Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
Trial Member

Default Newb overclocker looking for advice...

The computer I want to overclock has these components :
asus p5b-e motherboard
nvidia 8800gts 320 mb vid card
dual core conroe processor
4 gb ram

Anybody have a similar rig and has overclocked safely? If so, could u possibly take a pic of your bios screen with all your settings so I can copy? If anyone has any advice or website to refer me to I would greatly appreciate it.

Old November 5, 2007, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Tell us a bit more about your CPU and RAM. Also, what kind of cooling are you using? Stock or Aftermarket?
If you Google overclocking guide....you'll find a lot of very good advice. Just make sure you come back and give us your results....!
Old November 5, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1RE View Post
asus p5b-e motherboard
4 gb ram

Anybody have a similar rig and has overclocked safely? If so, could u possibly take a pic of your bios screen with all your settings so I can copy? If anyone has any advice or website to refer me to I would greatly appreciate it.

CPU, Power Supply and Memory will allow us to give you a better idea.
Old November 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1RE View Post
asus p5b-e motherboard
4 gb ram

Firstly welcome to the forums.

Secondly don't be put off by these responses. The devil is in the details so they say. Like a doctor, the more info you give the better the prognosis or advice can be.

If you have cheap RAM it will have an adverse effect on your overclock. If you have a substandard PSU you won't be able to oc at all or if you do run the risk of frying your mobo or worse...

Every possible detail about your hardware that you can type, I would do so. At the same time it also helps if you yourself tell us what you have already researched and studied. As no one wants to do another persons research. Have a look around here as there are some links to some very good guides in these forums.