Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2007, 09:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Actually I just did some synthetic tests with everest and running 1:1 did yield better performance then when I was not.
were the CPU frequency and RAM frequency/timings the same both at 1:1 and the ratio other than 1:1? there shouldn't be a hit on performance, depending on your motherboard and the ratios used.
Old October 6, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
were the CPU frequency and RAM frequency/timings the same both at 1:1 and the ratio other than 1:1? there shouldn't be a hit on performance, depending on your motherboard and the ratios used.
If my cpu and ram were at the same then it wouldn't be 1:1 right?
Old October 6, 2007, 10:18 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

i think your missing my point. if you changed a ratio from 1:1 and it made your memory or CPU slower then of course your bandwidth is going to go down. that has nothing to do with what divider/ratio your running at, it is simply because your memory or cpu frequency is slower.

i apologize for the confusion but what you were asking wasn't what i was answering. you are very vague with your questions and statements and i am interpreting things wrong.
Old October 6, 2007, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
i think your missing my point. if you changed a ratio from 1:1 and it made your memory or CPU slower then of course your bandwidth is going to go down. that has nothing to do with what divider/ratio your running at, it is simply because your memory or cpu frequency is slower.

i apologize for the confusion but what you were asking wasn't what i was answering. you are very vague with your questions and statements and i am interpreting things wrong.
my main question was that the board I was playing with wouldn't let the memory run any lower than 400mhz and was curious about the 1:1.

My p5n32-e sli board... it has a dead spot from 799mhz to 852mhz and I can't choose any mhz in that area.

Last edited by enaberif; October 6, 2007 at 10:22 PM.