Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2007, 06:30 PM
Rookie

So, the evga "fix" is a new revision motherboard. They will of course give you a free replacement.

Anyways, the fastest way to get one of these boards will be to get a swap. It will take a while until they get in the retail channels.
Old February 20, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Holy Crap!!
EDIT-- hey where did you hear this? I was just over to evga message boards, and I didn't find anything there about-- I mean it's rumoured, but I didn't see confirmation.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; February 20, 2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old February 21, 2007, 06:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Holy Crap!!
EDIT-- hey where did you hear this? I was just over to evga message boards, and I didn't find anything there about-- I mean it's rumoured, but I didn't see confirmation.
It was pretty easy. I just sent an email to the moderator (Jacob) asking him
"
Hi Jacob,
I am a long time lurker on this board and I am planning to purchase your 680i board. I plan to use it with the quad core qx6700 and I realize that there were issues that have now been resolved.
What I was wondering is if I purchase a board today here in Canada, will I be able to apply the upcoming fix or should I wait for a while until the fix comes into the retail channels? Alternatively, I believe I can purchase a board directly from eVGA?
Thanks for any information
Best regards, Tom"

The reply was that I could purchase the board now and when the fix comes I can send it in for a replacement. He doesn't know "when it will get into the retail channels"
It was very clear.

It would seem that ALL 680i boards have this issue with high FSB's and quad core. However, there is a new board from Gigabyte, not quite out yet, that explicitly says that it supports quad core overclocking. I have only seem results of 520MHz for dual cores so far.
Old February 21, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow- that's some news! I guess they'll want to be getting the revision out before that Gigabyte boards is realease or they'll be facing a real flood of quad-core owners switching over.
Old February 22, 2007, 04:35 PM
Top Prospect

I just got this board, but didn't know much about it prior. Does anyone have a better way to flash the BIOS to the latest revision? I haven't owned a floppy drive since > 2000... let alone have one just kicking around the house.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.20GHz, ASUS P5K Premium WiFi-AP, OCZ 8GB PC2-6400, EVGA GTX 285 1024MB
Seagate 500GB, 750GB & 1TB, Pioneer 22x ODD, Corsair 1000HX, Thermalright Ultra-120, CM Storm Sniper
Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Ultrasone PRO 750, Gentoo Linux (KDE 4.4, 2.6.32 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Profiles: Last.fm | Xbox Live | Steam
Old February 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Misoprostol

eVGA seems to insist that you use a floppy drive... Know anyone with an old computer kicking around that they'd let you rip a floppy out of?