Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old January 1, 2010, 09:46 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 132

My System Specs

Default

no one said this was amazing or anything. Let him be happy with his great overclock. Good job op!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old January 1, 2010, 10:09 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

I could not get my chip to do these speeds right away; it took a lot of breaking, tweaking and trying to find the sweet spot.
The nice part about it is, that it feels very fast and there is no lag at all.
It is also very stable and runs cold.

My CPU Voltage is at 5.0 but it drops to 4.88
I can push my FSB past 500 I have had it as high as 517 and keep in mind this is all on air.

I will leave it at this speed for now and a month later I will bump it up again.

Memory and PCI-E Voltage seem to be the biggest thing that determines my stability

It doesn't not matter that he thinks it's no big deal.
Yes I'm trying to see how fast I can get my PC to go but I let it run for days at this speed.
My computer does not crash or over heat when I am watching movies, surfing the Internet or playing games.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old January 2, 2010, 09:11 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew78 View Post
I could not get my chip to do these speeds right away; it took a lot of breaking, tweaking and trying to find the sweet spot.
The nice part about it is, that it feels very fast and there is no lag at all.
It is also very stable and runs cold.

My CPU Voltage is at 5.0 but it drops to 4.88
I can push my FSB past 500 I have had it as high as 517 and keep in mind this is all on air.

I will leave it at this speed for now and a month later I will bump it up again.

Memory and PCI-E Voltage seem to be the biggest thing that determines my stability

It doesn't not matter that he thinks it's no big deal.
Yes I'm trying to see how fast I can get my PC to go but I let it run for days at this speed.
My computer does not crash or over heat when I am watching movies, surfing the Internet or playing games.
CPU voltage at 5.0? Not likely.. if it was your CPU would be fried. Your getting something mixed up somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old January 2, 2010, 09:19 AM
MarkOne's Avatar
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chertsey 60 KM north of Montreal
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
CPU voltage at 5.0? Not likely.. if it was your CPU would be fried. Your getting something mixed up somewhere.

very easy to understand look at his CPUID pics, the vcore is at 1,488 what he probably means is ; he adjust the vcore at 1,5 and drop at 1,488
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old January 2, 2010, 10:22 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
CPU voltage at 5.0? Not likely.. if it was your CPU would be fried. Your getting something mixed up somewhere.
I will take a picture and post it after I get back from shopping with the wife lol.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old January 2, 2010, 10:25 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
very easy to understand look at his CPUID pics, the vcore is at 1,488 what he probably means is ; he adjust the vcore at 1,5 and drop at 1,488
Yes, sorry this what I was trying to say.
My bad 1,5 drops to 1,488.

Thank you MarkOne

I will still take a picture of my BIOS Settings later.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old January 2, 2010, 10:41 AM
MarkOne's Avatar
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chertsey 60 KM north of Montreal
Posts: 4,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew78 View Post
Thank you MarkOne

I will still take a picture of my BIOS Settings later.


that's nothing, can believe someone was thinking you really means 5 volts it's why I look at your pics


as I said in another post mu e8400 is down for a moment ( wait for NCIX to decide to ship my power supply ) but for remembrance I get 4 ghz with something near 1,3 volts you can start to lower your voltage a little step at the time, check until it's stable, and rise it just a little bit after to make sure.

it's normal that cpuid show a drop in voltage , from what you adjust in the bios
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:08 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default



I took a print screen of my up time to show that it is still staying stable.
4:02:14 so far :) and it is running nice and cold.
CPU Voltage changed a bit.

Will reboot some time so I can share a pick of my BIOS settings.
I just want to make sure it was stable.
I might even bump up the speed a a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old January 5, 2010, 02:36 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,606
Default

Have you ran a P95 SmallFFT test for around 6-8 hours?
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 5, 2010, 03:23 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Have you ran a P95 SmallFFT test for around 6-8 hours?
I have it running right now.
My Voltage jumped to 1.520 and is fluxing 1.488 to 1.520
and my temp is at 74 and just passed the 8k test on to the 10 now.
I let you know.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] (FS,FT)Mackbook 5.1 core 2 duo 2.0Ghz Overclocker~4.1 Buy/Sell & Trade 8 August 30, 2009 08:37 PM
[FS] Gaming Rig E6300 3.0GHz, 8800 GTS, 2GB OCZ Gold,250GB HD, Windows XP Pro,Antec 300 riflepwnage Buy/Sell & Trade 1 February 18, 2009 11:45 AM
[FS] P5Q3 mb Sniper Buy/Sell & Trade 9 November 27, 2008 05:53 PM
Asus P5q3 Deluxe Wifi renoracer Buy/Sell & Trade 7 November 18, 2008 11:47 PM
CPU Temperature E8400 3.0ghz CaptainSnake CPU's and Motherboards 13 May 17, 2008 04:22 PM