Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

How did your frame rate do in Warehead on the frozen level with the hovercraft? And was Physx enabled?

I had to turn Physx off on that one when I had my 8800GTS 640mb, that's why I'm curious. Also, it was on a 1680 x 1050 resolution and Gamer settings.

Then I got a GTX260.

Oh yeah... When I over clocked it, I would get the best results in games and benchmarks with highest stable core clock. It was not worth it to hold back on the core to push the shaders and memory real far, even if stable. Just putting this out there, in case it helps.
Old November 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
How did your frame rate do in Warehead on the frozen level with the hovercraft? And was Physx enabled?

I had to turn Physx off on that one when I had my 8800GTS 640mb, that's why I'm curious. Also, it was on a 1680 x 1050 resolution and Gamer settings.

Then I got a GTX260.

Oh yeah... When I over clocked it, I would get the best results in games and benchmarks with highest stable core clock. It was not worth it to hold back on the core to push the shaders and memory real far, even if stable. Just putting this out there, in case it helps.
Haha, nah I don't remember. I can run it and find out tho altho I think I will need to reinstall it... the drive I had it on I think I wiped..I don't remember. Good thing I still have the game tho.

I could probibly get my core running a bit faster if i down clocked everything else at the same time I increased the core.... but at the moment i am happy with my settings.
Old November 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
Top Prospect

My 4830 stock didnt do much better.. average fps id 36-37.
Gonna get another one and see what I get..
Now who has another one :)