Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2009, 12:40 AM
Rookie

Stock settings Prime stable @ stock settings (optimized defaults) running blend for 10 hours.

I think I really need to go back to square one for overclocking. There must be some setting / voltage I must be missing, because yesterday out of boredom I dropped the memory multiplier to 6x (runs default @ 8x) and uncore to 13x, and all of a sudden the rig became unstable (fail Prime blend within 2 minutes).

The odd thing is that I drop the memory into my brother's computer, which is running a Gigabyte board as well (I believe the DS4?), and it will run at rated speeds no problem simply with VTT bumped to 1.35 and VDimm bumped to 1.66.

I'm less inclined to think that the problem is caused by a bad IMC itself, since I would expect the rig to remain stable when I drop the mem multi to 6x and uncore to 13x while staying at the same BCLK...

I'll check the memory voltage settings tomorrow.
Old November 21, 2009, 01:29 AM
Rookie

Apologies...been on call.

Ram settings:

Performance enhance: Standard
CAS latency - 8
tRCD - 8
tRP - 8
tRAS - 24
CMD Rate - 1T
Channel interleaving - Auto
Rank interleaving - Auto