Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDeS View Post
I mentioned before I can't run it 24/7 like this... not because it isn't stable but because of the heat. I was watching the ticker on orb last night as scores come in from around the world and I beat a lot of high end rigs. I'd really like to borrow one of my friends 280's and sli this to see what kinda scores I can get. Some of the sli'd i7 975 extreme rigs were getting around 21-22 thousand.

Personally I'm rather impressed considering AMD's are known to not be great overclockers. I'll post some more pics etc once Braineater finishes his TEC inline whatchamacallit woodbox watercooling.
AMD CPUs are not great overclockers? I laugh at that. They may not be great overclockers compared to the Core 2 and Core i5/i7 series, but you're still getting free performance. Plus 3.7Ghz on your Phenom II 920 is not easy to accomplish.
Old October 18, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
AMD CPUs are not great overclockers? I laugh at that. They may not be great overclockers compared to the Core 2 and Core i5/i7 series, but you're still getting free performance. Plus 3.7Ghz on your Phenom II 920 is not easy to accomplish.
Have you seen the Phenom I s ?

4ghz on a PH II are still uncommon

hopefully the revision of the PH II that are coming will do better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep us posted Hades

i am impress that you can push a PH II that high on a nvidia chipset

Last edited by Silvgearx; October 18, 2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old October 27, 2009, 07:30 PM
HaDeS

Just waiting for braineater to finish his inline cooling thinger... then I will try again.
Old November 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
HaDeS

Welp Braineater had a narly flood in his basement (sewage etc) so while he finishes up his repairs and puts his domain back together Iv'e ordered an Xigmatek CAM-S8HH1-U01 Porter N881 Northbridge Chipset Cooler from the buy/sell here on HWC. It should fix my northy from crashing the OC. Braineaters inline chiller should take care of the rest. Hoping to get a crazy OC out of this thing soon.
Old November 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default re

Hi there.

Just for your infos.

I got a msi 790fx-gd70 and the northbridge is on a watercooling block.
I have noticed the same problem, the northbridge get really hot.
I don't reach 60 deg, but I reach 37 or something like that.... not sure.. Will post again ^^.

So your not alone!

Do your voltage regulator come hot?
Old November 20, 2009, 10:03 AM
HaDeS

thats a good question about the voltage regulator... I'm not sure to be honest. I know as soon as my northy gets to around 60c (software measuring temps) it fails. It will cost me 25 bux to find out if it's overheating or just an unstable OC i guess. I am still waiting on braineater to get his basement completed as any kinda modding is heaps easier at his place than mine. We are installing the VCT this weekend so he is nearly complete down there.