Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2009, 06:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default how long?

been running prime for 2h, so far so good.
vcore 1.36875v
fsb 1.3v
ram 2.2v
58c max at 23c ambient.
seems stable, how long should i let this go? specs in sig. :)
Attached Images

Last edited by BT!; October 12, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old October 11, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I run mine for a min of 8 hours before i consider it stable but there are other opinions on this i am sure ( nice overclock to there bt ) now you have to get that e7200 pumping
Old October 11, 2009, 07:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

i'll let it run overnight then. :) the e7200 is in my buds pc, i was going sell him my e8400 but his board is old and wouldn't run a 1333mhz chip, so the pc i got from you has my e8400 in it at 3.6 right now, going to try for 4.2 after i get a better hsf.

Old October 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I run prime at least 12 hours, I have ended up throwing errors at 10 hours, if it passes the 12 hour mark it is always stable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 11, 2009, 07:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

i started it at around 8 so if i let it run over-night it'll be probably 12 hours, gonna sleep in until at least 8 tomarrow since it is a holiday :D

Old October 11, 2009, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nothing is stable till you've tried F@H
Old October 11, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Nothing is stable till you've tried F@H

Yup that is always the very last step for me for both gpu and cpu overclocks.

But it has been a long time, 3-4 years, since f@h caught a error that prime didn't catch and error for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 11, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I find Linpack / Intel burn test more intensive on my CPU than F@H, but nothing beats it for stability test on a GPU.

To the OP, I'd try more than one type of stability test, to verify all different features of the CPU. The components of the CPU undergo different levels of stress depending on which test you run. I've seen my computer survive OCCT overnight but fail after a couple hours of Prime and vice versa.
If you search around, you'll see a mix of stability test "regimes". For me, I do one of OCCT / Prime95 overnight, then 24/7 BOINC; although I'm undervolted ATM because there's no F@H contest / I'm not playing Supreme Commander.
Old October 11, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I find Linpack / Intel burn test more intensive on my CPU than F@H, but nothing beats it for stability test on a GPU.

To the OP, I'd try more than one type of stability test, to verify all different features of the CPU. The components of the CPU undergo different levels of stress depending on which test you run. I've seen my computer survive OCCT overnight but fail after a couple hours of Prime and vice versa.
If you search around, you'll see a mix of stability test "regimes". For me, I do one of OCCT / Prime95 overnight, then 24/7 BOINC; although I'm undervolted ATM because there's no F@H contest / I'm not playing Supreme Commander.
Linkpack is a sketchy program.

Its been known to fail on stock clocks.

I don't trust it and never will. p95 for me.
Old October 12, 2009, 08:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

it made it past 8 hours, it didn't show any errors in prime, but when i checked it this morning at 8am the clock said 4:03 and it was froze. so it just passed the 8h mark, going to try again with a little lower vcore.