Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   how long? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/24226-how-long.html)

BT! October 11, 2009 06:57 PM

how long?

1 Attachment(s)
been running prime for 2h, so far so good.
vcore 1.36875v
fsb 1.3v
ram 2.2v
58c max at 23c ambient.
seems stable, how long should i let this go? specs in sig. :)

gingerbee October 11, 2009 07:15 PM

I run mine for a min of 8 hours before i consider it stable but there are other opinions on this i am sure ( nice overclock to there bt :thumb: ) now you have to get that e7200 pumping :haha:

BT! October 11, 2009 07:23 PM

i'll let it run overnight then. :) the e7200 is in my buds pc, i was going sell him my e8400 but his board is old and wouldn't run a 1333mhz chip, so the pc i got from you has my e8400 in it at 3.6 right now, going to try for 4.2 after i get a better hsf.

Supergrover October 11, 2009 07:33 PM

I run prime at least 12 hours, I have ended up throwing errors at 10 hours, if it passes the 12 hour mark it is always stable for me.

BT! October 11, 2009 07:55 PM

i started it at around 8 so if i let it run over-night it'll be probably 12 hours, gonna sleep in until at least 8 tomarrow since it is a holiday :D

enaberif October 11, 2009 07:56 PM

Nothing is stable till you've tried F@H

Supergrover October 11, 2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 269615)
Nothing is stable till you've tried F@H

:thumb:

Yup that is always the very last step for me for both gpu and cpu overclocks.

But it has been a long time, 3-4 years, since f@h caught a error that prime didn't catch and error for me.

frontier204 October 11, 2009 08:11 PM

I find Linpack / Intel burn test more intensive on my CPU than F@H, but nothing beats it for stability test on a GPU.

To the OP, I'd try more than one type of stability test, to verify all different features of the CPU. The components of the CPU undergo different levels of stress depending on which test you run. I've seen my computer survive OCCT overnight but fail after a couple hours of Prime and vice versa.
If you search around, you'll see a mix of stability test "regimes". For me, I do one of OCCT / Prime95 overnight, then 24/7 BOINC; although I'm undervolted ATM because there's no F@H contest / I'm not playing Supreme Commander.

enaberif October 11, 2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontier204 (Post 269625)
I find Linpack / Intel burn test more intensive on my CPU than F@H, but nothing beats it for stability test on a GPU.

To the OP, I'd try more than one type of stability test, to verify all different features of the CPU. The components of the CPU undergo different levels of stress depending on which test you run. I've seen my computer survive OCCT overnight but fail after a couple hours of Prime and vice versa.
If you search around, you'll see a mix of stability test "regimes". For me, I do one of OCCT / Prime95 overnight, then 24/7 BOINC; although I'm undervolted ATM because there's no F@H contest / I'm not playing Supreme Commander.

Linkpack is a sketchy program.

Its been known to fail on stock clocks. :dots:

I don't trust it and never will. p95 for me.

BT! October 12, 2009 08:40 AM

it made it past 8 hours, it didn't show any errors in prime, but when i checked it this morning at 8am the clock said 4:03 and it was froze. so it just passed the 8h mark, going to try again with a little lower vcore.