Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2009, 06:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default OC with water ,and OC with Boreas

Ok i have the first pic is Overclocked with water to the cpu!

http://i34.tinypic.com/1htens.jpg

Now the second pic is oclocked even more(4.1 gig) witht he Boreas hooked up and i havn't touched a setting in Boreas :

http://i35.tinypic.com/1035tf7.jpg

Now i will say that i took off the junk Coolit waterblock and converted over to my Apoggee bowed Water Block that charlie3.0 setup for me :)

Now i lost just a touch of coolant when i changed cpu water blocks but once my case arrives i will top off the Boreas aand then start playing with the settings!!
I think i am at my max OC on the Xeon 3110 chip!!
So what do you guys think?

Also what program should i rely on for actual temps?
Old September 26, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You are probably down quite a bit of coolant- the coolit folks say that there is so little coolant in the system, that by changing the waterblock, you are losing a big part of you coolant.- I hooked my boreas up last night and am testing now- am able to get 4.0 stable on 2.75V- I am so rusty from my i7 rig being down for a few months that I had to research all the settings again- still trying to decide how high I can go on the volatges to try for 4.4- I'm habing alot of fun with the boreas though- easily keeps the coolant around ambient (and I'm sure at about zero if you don'tmind condensation).

What's up with the "buy the full version of the cooler monitring software" link on the monitroing program- it's even a dead-end link. Why wouldn't they give you the full program after spending $500 on their cooler?
Old September 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
What's up with the "buy the full version of the cooler monitring software" link on the monitroing program- it's even a dead-end link. Why wouldn't they give you the full program after spending $500 on their cooler?
Good point! It's stupid! Even D-Link does this with their high-end gaming routers!
Dell XPS 630i / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.67GHz / Stock Cooling (Temporary) / 6GB DDR2 800 RAM + 4GB Windows ReadyBoost/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT / Samsung SpinPoint 640GB + Seagate FreeAgent 250GB / 750W PSU / Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI / Logitech X-235 Speakers + Plantronics .Audio 370 Gaming Headset / Dell 22' E228WFP / Razer DeathAdder /Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Airshehan
Old September 26, 2009, 07:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hey cool you have a Boreas as well:)
we will have to compare notes:)
Well i can get her to condensate already if i run her at 100 percent but i am at 60 percent right now and was running a game in dx10 and she went to about 34 c.

I don't know if i can oc the chip higher than i have it ???? dunno can i ?

Also whats this full program you talk of?
also i am running this sytem with no case etc etc right now:) Waiting on my MM case:)

I also have my voltage at about 1.256 volts !! Can i raise the voltage safely for a higher oc?
Old September 26, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think we can probably safely manage 1.37V since we can keep it as cool as we like.

Not sure what the full program is as the link is dead, but there's supposedly a "full" pay-version of the MTEc control centre- maybe it's outdated.

One more Q- do your "Coolant, TEC power, and FAN power have readings, or just "NA"- mine are NA

Last edited by Babrbarossa; September 26, 2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old September 26, 2009, 07:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

yea its a dead link for me as well:)
I am still playing withj the settings now as i don't understand whats the deal ??
what settings do you run yours at ie:

40 60 here on mtec setting and HW MOnitor shows me at 20 c on my chip but mtec shows me at 30 c ???
Old September 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Where do you find the % that the Mtec is running at?

Typically on idel, mine seems to be running at about 15%, but I have it set to run at 40% minimum- hmm

The MTEC monitor seems to read a little higher, reads just above the hottest core.

Q for you- are all four light on, on your control unit?
Old September 26, 2009, 07:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ok what i am finding is if i let it control the cooling and i am set for a temp of 30 c the fan runs at 100 percent .
I have upped my voltage to 1.3 and i am running it in manual this sect low 40 hi 70 for fans 1

As for lights on the mtec i have chiller b lights on and no chiller a lights , even tho i have all wires plugged into chiller a except the second 6 pin power lead wich is plugged into both chiller a and b on the mtec ! Do you have both 6 pin power plugs plugged in?
Old September 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

Also if i check passive mode -no changes sent to the control module i manually have it go to my 70 percent fans , But if i uncheck passive mode it automatically kicks my fans to 100 percent!!!
Do you find this as well? or does yours regulate with the passive mode unchecked or auto as some like to call it?
Old September 26, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, those are the same lights that are one for me.

As for the 100% fan, mine is not set to passive mode, but my fans only run a slow speed (except at startup)- I think the cooler workload varies a bit, but the fan never goes at hiogh speed- the cooler is very silent.