Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2009, 10:30 AM
Rookie

Default About Canucks' review on CM 212+

In the Dual Fan setup section of the CM Hyper 212 Plus review, AKG said:

"While dual fan setups are not for everyone and they add to the price of the unit, you have to realise that with both P12s running flat out the noise level was actually less than when we were running the single stock fan. If you can afford to replace the lone fan with duals and dont mind INCREASED noise..."

If I'm reading this right, the first sentence says that 2 NF-P12s in dual fan setup is more quieter than single stock fan. However the 2nd sentences then insinuates that 2 NF-P12's will be louder (louder than single stock fan?).

So whats quieter, 2 NF-P12s or 1 stock fan? I'm a little confused.
Old September 11, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Keep reading and you will get it ;)

Here is the FULL sentence:
"If you can afford to replace the lone fan with duals and don’t mind INCREASED noise we can just imagine what levels of performance you could reach with dual Panflos"
NF-P12s are NOCTUA's not Panaflos. NMB-MAT 120x38mm 105CFM Panaflo's are right up there with Deltas in performance....and known for their ear bleeding levels of noise.

NF-P12s showed how much the 212+ likes dual fan setups, even low noise setups. Thus in more obvious words iyou could read that FULL sentence as: "hey look how good it is with dual low noise fans...can you imagine the numbers with Panaflos?!"

If that comes across as harsh, please don't take it as so. I'm still on some heavy duty pain meds so everything comes out as a wee bit more jagged than usual.

if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer. - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 11, 2009, 10:52 AM
Rookie

Oh thank you. That clears it up. I didn't know what Panflos was, so I thought you were still comparing single stock vs 2 P12s.