Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

You could be right. Right now, it's been a while since I had my own Maximus running, but I think that's what my BIOS gave me for options. But with a 1:1 ratio, I can't see that RAM crapping out before the FSB while pushing a quad, especially on an X38 NB.
Old August 13, 2009, 09:58 PM
Rookie

Errr im trying to keep the ram at 533 while i pump up the FSB BUT, whenever i adjust the FSB the ram freq is adjusting accordingly to keep it 1:1... Anybody with my mobo know the setting so I can set them independently of each other? Also now that its 333x9 and ram is at 333 my temps are hitting high 60's when load is around 80%.. thats kind of high aint it?

My vcore is set on Auto, but does anyone know a better vcore to put in? i've tried 1.3 and thats not enough.. but i fear it might get too hot
Old August 13, 2009, 10:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2TheROC View Post
Errr im trying to keep the ram at 533 while i pump up the FSB BUT, whenever i adjust the FSB the ram freq is adjusting accordingly to keep it 1:1... Anybody with my mobo know the setting so I can set them independently of each other? Also now that its 333x9 and ram is at 333 my temps are hitting high 60's when load is around 80%.. thats kind of high aint it?

My vcore is set on Auto, but does anyone know a better vcore to put in? i've tried 1.3 and thats not enough.. but i fear it might get too hot
I dont know what the setting is called on your board. Just go thru your bios and find something that shows 3:2, 5:4, etc.

High 60's is bad, yes. You want to stay under 60, a bit of peaking above is fine, but dont crest 65. Whats your cooling like? have you reseated it?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

1:1 is the best.

Anything else and your going to have to do some serious tweaking to get things stable.

As soon as you change your divider your going to run your memory MUCH faster than your fsb which means timing tweaks and possible nb voltage changes.
Old August 13, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hrm.

My P5k had a lower ram setting, it was more stable then anything else I tried. *shrug*
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about