Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2009, 06:29 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Various Questions...

My first question is related to temperatures. It's really bugging me that programs are all telling me different things. In the picture below, Speedfan's CPU readings seem to be wrong because all the other programs tell me something else (OCCT is just open for the temp sensors).

But then if we look at GPU temps, Everest says one thing, but the other programs say another.

So then we could say Everest if off, but then both Everest and Speedfan give me the same Motherboard temperature...

http://www.sfu.ca/~bkh2/Lame.jpg

On another note, RAM overclocking. In that same screenshot, my RAM Clocks are 6-7-7-16. I have almost no experience with RAM, and I'm guessing they have been automatically OC'd by the BIOS?

Also, is it okay that the numbers are different (with the exception of the last number? Shouldn't they all be like 7-7-7-16 or 6-6-6-16 or something? I don't know...

Thanks in advanced for the help!
Old August 11, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It could be the TJmax is out on Everest, which would skew your temp returns in Everest. Is it the latest version?

The ram timings arnt a -big- deal. I would go into your bios and autoset all the timings to 7-7-7 as listed by your SPD chip in CPUID. But if its stable, meh. Just might give you more overhead to find your CPU limit.

Temps look good, you might be able to push that D0 higher bro :)
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I trust CoreTemp or RealTemp for CPU temperatures, GPU-Z Sensor's tab for GPU temperatures.

Everest's Tj Max has been incorrect for quite some time IMO. You can change it in the Preferences though so it will match Core/RealTemp.
Old August 11, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

CoreTemp = 65nm
RealTemp = 45nm
GpuZ for GPUs
Old August 11, 2009, 07:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Alright, thanks guys.

@ Sagath - I've pushed it to 4.0 Ghz, but I hit 80C. Mind you, the ambient was 40C that day. I'll be trying for more when Winter rolls around XD
Old August 12, 2009, 12:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh2 View Post
On another note, RAM overclocking. In that same screenshot, my RAM Clocks are 6-7-7-16. I have almost no experience with RAM, and I'm guessing they have been automatically OC'd by the BIOS?

Also, is it okay that the numbers are different (with the exception of the last number? Shouldn't they all be like 7-7-7-16 or 6-6-6-16 or something? I don't know...
While it's common to have the numbers the same, it's definitely not mandatory, and once you get to really fine-tuning the timings, it's not uncommon to wind up with slightly different numbers.