Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2009, 06:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default OC tips

Hi Folks,

I need some tips here,

here a pic of my bios

This represents a small OC,

I know that Vcore should never be left on auto while OC'ing but as for the rest I was wondring if leaving them on auto is OK, as you can see here I set them up at their default values and go my computer posting and testing with prime. I know that sometimes you got to play with those values in order to reach a specific OC but when you don't have to what the best course of action ?

Old August 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

vcore should NEVER be left on auto every.

If you are overclocking things like vcore, nb, and memory should all have voltages set manually.

And you'll want to list your parts unless its those specified in your signature.

If so don't expect much out of those G.Skills but the e8600 is good for at least 4.6 if you have good cooling (I needed water)
Old August 11, 2009, 06:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ok well that's pretty much what I thought, all adjustments are set manually at there default values. Those setting allowed me to post a 3.8 which is just a small OC but that was just for fooling around. Anyways I am not looking for maximum OC, I'll be happy at 4.0

Those memory modules will be replaced since there are posting major errors on Memtest even when my rig is at stock. I have new modules en route. I am a bit surprised about your comment on those modules, from what I have read they were well regarded.

And yes the specs of my rig are the one in my sig.

Old August 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmer View Post
Ok well that's pretty much what I thought, all adjustments are set manually at there default values. Those setting allowed me to post a 3.8 which is just a small OC but that was just for fooling around. Anyways I am not looking for maximum OC, I'll be happy at 4.0

Those memory modules will be replaced since there are posting major errors on Memtest even when my rig is at stock. I have new modules en route. I am a bit surprised about your comment on those modules, from what I have read they were well regarded.

And yes the specs of my rig are the one in my sig.
The Pi series is better than their value line for sure and you can probably squeeze a bit out of them but don't expect big gains.