Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
btw.....did you get your mitts on that Waterblock for your Classified Northbridge?...if so how did you find your Temps afterwards?
never had anything but the stock cooler on the Classified, no need for anything else. with a 120mm fan blowing over memory, the NB is just fine. it can bench at 5GHz+ with 4x4890's all day long without a problem on the stock cooler. i was suppose to get hold downs for the MCW20 from Jake to work with X58's but i think he dropped the project, but as i said, doesn't really concern me. i don't obsess over things that don't matter like NB temps if the board works just fine at the temps they are.

and just a FYI to Ginger...all X58 NBs run that hot or much hotter without active cooling. the DFI X58, the ASUS Gene, the GB UD4P...all run hot as stank without a fan blowing on the heat sink assembly. just part of the X58 that people need to get use to.
Old June 26, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
never had anything but the stock cooler on the Classified, no need for anything else. with a 120mm fan blowing over memory, the NB is just fine. it can bench at 5GHz+ with 4x4890's all day long without a problem on the stock cooler. i was suppose to get hold downs for the MCW20 from Jake to work with X58's but i think he dropped the project, but as i said, doesn't really concern me. i don't obsess over things that don't matter like NB temps if the board works just fine at the temps they are.
Thanks...btw..I most certainly wasn't obsessed....took all of 30 minutes playing around with some Delta / Scythe 40mm n 60mm Fans. just curious though as they didn't really have much affect that I could see on lowering Temps, unfortunately with the TRUE on the CPU I can only mount the Fans on the GPU side of the NB and of course the 280's get toasty.....Glad to hear that you have not had any ill affects with a toasty NB....at those Clocks.

Old June 26, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

mine does not ( i too have a fan on mine but even without it never went over 50 under load ) but yes i am not worried about it i believe there max is 90c it just seems high cause all i am going by is my temps and those are high for me (my NB right now is only 38c with room @29c)

Last edited by gingerbee; June 26, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old June 26, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is your a Classified Ginger? Unfortunately my Temps are all going to get a slight increase as I'll be adding a 3rd 280 to the mix on Mon / Tues....

Old June 27, 2009, 04:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no it's not but why would my x58 chip run cooler then your x58 chip intel made all of them so? ( besides the different cooling ) ( gigabyte x58 ds4)
Old June 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Is his classified the one with the NF200 on it? Cause from what I read those suckers get HOT.

My little Bloodrage stays nice and cool even with "passive" cooling(there is a fan that is blowing over it, but not directly on it) so I am pleased, even at 4Ghz+ it wasn't hitting over 55 with a full load on.
Old June 27, 2009, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thats correct Chuckles....its the original Classified Board w NF200.