Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 18, 2009, 11:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

I found a site where he did a Vantage run and his score is not even close to mine. Maybe there is a bug using Windows 7 that's why the CPU score is so high.

Old July 18, 2009, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
I found a site where he did a Vantage run and his score is not even close to mine. Maybe there is a bug using Windows 7 that's why the CPU score is so high.
I would like to know, about the temperatures in CPUID HWmonitor... my 3 cores were running at 23C before I unlocked the 4th core.

I want to know my real cpu temp. Should I believe what were written for my 3 cores as my temp for my cpu...

Aslo, the sensors TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 are rendering what?... NorthBridge/Southbridge temps?...
Old July 18, 2009, 03:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

First of all, I would like to welcome you to our HWC community.

I just reverted to X2 and checked my temps and I can safely say that my temps are pretty close, as in 1-2 degrees difference, to TEMPIN2. If in X4 and all temps are 0, I just check TEMPIN2 and I should be good.

I guess for every motherboard TEMPIN0-2 are different. Comparing to Supergrover's temps his temps orientation seems to be different with mine. I would suggest that you run your motherboard's hardware monitor to have definitive answer. Usually those in CPUID HW are Northbridge, Sys Temp and CPU Temp.

It would also help that you put your rig on your sig so we can know what we are dealing with.

Old July 18, 2009, 05:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:

I just reverted to X2 and checked my temps and I can safely say that my temps are pretty close, as in 1-2 degrees difference, to TEMPIN2. If in X4 and all temps are 0, I just check TEMPIN2 and I should be good.

I guess for every motherboard TEMPIN0-2 are different. Comparing to Supergrover's temps his temps orientation seems to be different with mine. I would suggest that you run your motherboard's hardware monitor to have definitive answer. Usually those in CPUID HW are Northbridge, Sys Temp and CPU Temp.

It would also help that you put your rig on your sig so we can know what we are dealing with.
Phenom II X3 720 BE
OCZ Vendetta 2 cooler
OCZ OCZ3P16004GK DDR3 @ 1333
Asus M4A78T-E
Asus 4850 TOP in crossfire
OCZ ModXstream 700 W
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Sony BDUX10S Blu-Ray
HT Omega Striker

My hardware monitor in BIOS report 40C at idle, but my cores are all at 23C idle. Seriously, I am really wondering what is the matter. If the cores are at 23C, the cpu should be around the same temp. My HS is really cool. I really doubt my cpu could actually be at 40C.

Here are my result in X4

Asus M4A78T-E
HIS 6850 in crossfire (OC @ 840 MHz)
OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Sony BDUX10S Blu-Ray
HT Omega Striker
Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 20EARS
120 GB OCZ Vertex SSD

Last edited by redgarl; July 18, 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old July 18, 2009, 09:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

Can you run ASUS Probe? Post a screen shot.

Old July 18, 2009, 09:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Can you run ASUS Probe? Post a screen shot.
I will do so in a couple of minutes, but I got a part of my answer by checking HC cooler reviews methodology.

I used CoreTemp, like them and achieve 24C at idle with my Vendetta 2. What we are seeing is sensor on the cores of the cpu itself. So it is actually the right temperature to took into account. From what I tend to believe, the captor used for the cpu temperature monitoring on my motherboard is not accurate. Many other M4A78T-E got the same temperature as me with the stock cooler. Seem rather fishy... anyway, I will trust Hardware Canucks methodology over this reading.

Asus M4A78T-E
OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Sony BDUX10S Blu-Ray
HT Omega Striker
120 GB OCZ Vertex SSD
Old July 18, 2009, 10:01 PM
Rookie

Asus Probe Results... like I said, the motherboard captor seems to be inaccurate. The core temps are took on the cpu itself. I wonder what the hell Asus engineer are smooking.

Asus M4A78T-E
OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W
Coolermaster Cosmos S
Sony BDUX10S Blu-Ray
HT Omega Striker
120 GB OCZ Vertex SSD
Old July 19, 2009, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

I am lucky my CPU temps are displayed via the motherboards debug led and this temp is consistency locked or unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 19, 2009, 11:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I am lucky my CPU temps are displayed via the motherboards debug led and this temp is consistency locked or unlocked.
Yeah, I forgot about that.

My temps are pretty much TEMPIN2 so at full load she is balmy 42 degrees C. Not bad eh? When running X2 she is cold as in 16 degrees idle, that Mugen 2 is pretty good.

Old July 19, 2009, 11:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So the basics needed are a BIOS with ACC and a SB750? If that is the case I am in business.