Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default GTX 2xx Series overclocking!

First day of Vacation. The wife and I are flying out on Monday to Peru, to hike Macchu Picchu for 4 days. Total trip time is 14 days. VERY excited.

What this all means is that I have the next two days to do absolutly nothing but tweak out my GTX 275. Its under water, and so far I'm having crazy good success!

I'm still raising the core higher, and I havnt even started really on the ram or shaders! Just figured this was a good point to post a thread about the 200 series and overclocking them.

What kind of other success stories are floating out there?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 30, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Core capped out at 780mhz on Furmark, any further and I got the windows driver recovery message. I gamed for 30 min on it to test stability at 780. I know its not a long time. I'll loop it over night to confirm. Thats an absolute insane overclock on water from what Ive read online!

Ram started getting artifacts at around 1300. I stopped seeing any at 1295, and backed it off to 1282 (2564mhz effective) just to be sure. This seems to be about max for the Samsung ram on the 275's across the web.

Shaders are up to 1720 right now. I'm folding with them at that, doing 30 second percents on a 353 pointer right now . I'm really not sure how far I can take this. How do you tell when the shaders are being pushed too far?
Quote:
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 30, 2009, 02:57 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I would push the shaders until you start getting errors.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

That is a good overclock- most cards seem to hit a wall in the low 700's, even under water.

I got pretty lucky with my own BFG GTX280, it's been running 777 core/1602 shaders/1404 mem for the last half year. But I suspect that it may have benefitted from soem aggressive binning, since it was their H2OC edition.
Old May 31, 2009, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ran it in the evening, only to find out my shaders couldn't hold up the 1720 (even tho they folded at that for ~6 hours...whats that all about?). I learned that shaders poop out the same way a GPU does on Furmark; You get the driver recovery error message. Tested it last night some more to get a ballpark on the shaders.

Final overclock after running it this morning for ~4 hours (and still going): 780core/1282ram/1660 shaders.

Kinda disappointed in the shaders. But then I realize that I paid for stock vanilla card, got a defaulted to SC clocks card, that Ive overclocked well beyond FTW speeds...And I shouldn't bitch about it
Quote:
Old May 31, 2009, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally, I run ATI Tool and look for artifacts the same time I run furmark. I find that the heat of furmark coupled with the sensitivity of looking for artifacts makes for stable overclocks when you find your limits.

Just my 2c