Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default best overclocking software

ok its been awhile since i overclocked my video card and thought why not now what i am have trouble with is the stress test i was using ati tool but it does not work for vista 64 so i thought i would use furmark but that program is new to me ( so if i do the stress test in furmark the donut does not spin is this normal and second once i push my card to far should i see artifacts like you do in atitool in furmark any takers thanks )

card palit sonic 4870 watercooled ( if it helps )
Old April 5, 2009, 06:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

what so nobody overclockes there gpu anymore
Old April 5, 2009, 06:31 AM
Rookie

I just use the crysis benchmark to test my cards, I let it do 10 loops and if I don't see any artifacts or it doesn't crash then it's fine.
Old April 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thank i never thought of at all you are my savor i for the life of me could not get atitool work under 64 thank again
Old April 5, 2009, 07:25 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Try folding with it. If its unstable then you will get "unstable machine" or "nans detected on the gpu" errors. Actually, many machines that are ATI tool and such 'error free' will crash under F@H.

3.0 Charlie has a sticky with lots of information on this too:
Overclocking tools of the trade
Fold for team #54196
Old April 5, 2009, 07:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

f@h is hard to setup no. i know nothing about folding at all sorry i have all those programs thank not new to overclocking just can't find artifact tester for vista 64
Old April 5, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

Whatever I use to OC my graphics cards make Punkbuster to detect "hardware monitoring" cr4p...and I get kicked until I disable the OCing software. I tried Rivatuner and Evga Precision (based on Riva anyway)...

So I OC to get more performance in games, but PB kicks me...
Do I play single player? NO...So my only option if I want to run an OCed GFX card in online multiplayer games is to BIOS flash (nibitor I think?) the card....
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old April 5, 2009, 08:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
Whatever I use to OC my graphics cards make Punkbuster to detect "hardware monitoring" cr4p...and I get kicked until I disable the OCing software. I tried Rivatuner and Evga Precision (based on Riva anyway)...

So I OC to get more performance in games, but PB kicks me...
Do I play single player? NO...So my only option if I want to run an OCed GFX card in online multiplayer games is to BIOS flash (nibitor I think?) the card....
Never heard of this before...

As for stress testing, use OCCT: OCCT Website english Does the CPU and GPU
Old April 5, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

never heard of that and i will try occt thanks for all the helps guys and or gals
Old April 5, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I recommend what everyone else said. But could you please add a few periods and commas into your posts? I feel like my brain is running out of breath when I read them gingerbee.