Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2009, 11:52 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Real Temp 3.00 - Major Facelift

Real Temp 3.00 was released today at techPowerUp!

Quote:
"RealTemp got its major face-lift today with the introduction of the third major version. RealTemp is a nifty utility used to monitor the temperatures of Intel processors, with a breakdown of temperatures on a per-core and T-junction basis. The application makes use of the digital thermal sensor component Intel Core series processors come with. With version 3.00, RealTemp gets Core i7 friendly, supporting monitoring of its temperatures, including in Turbo Mode, where the software controls frequencies and power of individual processing cores.

The new release adds a host of features including plug-in support for RivaTuner, the ability to report temperatures of NVIDIA graphics cards, updated detection algorithms as per Intel specifications, and several UI improvements. The release covers as many as a hundred changes that include preliminary support for the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. For a list of major changes and other information, head over to the RealTemp"
Download techPowerUp! :: Download Real Temp 3.00
Homepage Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Installation and Calibration Real Temp - Documentation

Interesting read on TJMax values, especially this part;

Quote:
"Based on my testing and reports from users, a 5C difference doesn't seem too unusual with 65nm and TJMax might vary by 10C in the 45 nm CPUs. The result is that two CPUs with the exact same model number might have different TJMax values and it also seems that there are situations where cores on the same CPU can have different TJMax values. For the 45nm processors, TJ Target and TJ Max seem to be similar but for the older 65nm CPUs, actual TJ Max can be 10C or higher for many processors."

Old February 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
Banned

Nice. Thank you.
Old February 4, 2009, 03:21 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the info - sticky updated.