Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 02:55 PM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default EVGA Precision - Crysis

Hey everyone. Just a quick question.

Heres the scenario. I'm playing Crysis on 1650x1050 right... full settings and all. Everything appears to be good, and I'm getting a great fps rate.

I exit crysis, go into Evga Precision... Up my core clock from stock 738Mhz to lets say 800Mhz....

I'm using the EVGA 9800GTX+ btw. When I go back into Crysis, there are like blue lines flashing all over the place.

If I reset the settings on the EVGA tool, it works fine.

What would be the cause of this? Is 800 too high.... or is there some sort of compatibility issue?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,072

My System Specs

Default

You're artifacting. Too high of an OC. Try bumping it up 5-10 mhz at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:06 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by element291 View Post
Hey everyone. Just a quick question.

Heres the scenario. I'm playing Crysis on 1650x1050 right... full settings and all. Everything appears to be good, and I'm getting a great fps rate.

I exit crysis, go into Evga Precision... Up my core clock from stock 738Mhz to lets say 800Mhz....

I'm using the EVGA 9800GTX+ btw. When I go back into Crysis, there are like blue lines flashing all over the place.

If I reset the settings on the EVGA tool, it works fine.

What would be the cause of this? Is 800 too high.... or is there some sort of compatibility issue?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Perhaps next time you'll read some information on how to properly overclock cause next time you may perhaps destroy your card.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
element291's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
You're artifacting. Too high of an OC. Try bumping it up 5-10 mhz at a time.

Thanks bud.
__________________

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thund3rball's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,526

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Perhaps next time you'll read some information on how to properly overclock cause next time you may perhaps destroy your card.


Heh heh. Boy I can't wait for the voltage tuner to come out!

"Hello EVGA ya I was just using your voltage tuner, then tried to play Crysis, and now my computer is on fire. Will you RMA my card?"
__________________
"this is not troll. this is real deal!" - hohohee

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)


HEATWARE
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:24 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Heh heh. Boy I can't wait for the voltage tuner to come out!

"Hello EVGA ya I was just using your voltage tuner, then tried to play Crysis, and now my computer is on fire. Will you RMA my card?"
AHAHAHAH

Oh I know... its going to be a scary day.

Hmm lets see 5v into my card and POOF! 60000fps in Crysis wohooo.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
Infiniti's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,388

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Hmm lets see 5v into my card and POOF! 60000fps in Crysis wohooo.
...Do you smell anything? Did the room just get brighter? It's getting mighty warm.. Hmmm..


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:39 PM
BrianHanna's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
...Do you smell anything? Did the room just get brighter? It's getting mighty warm.. Hmmm..



your just imagining things!!
__________________
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old January 26, 2009, 04:59 PM
gingerbee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Posts: 6,824

My System Specs

Default

take your over clocking a little slower or u mite pay for it the hard way $$$$
__________________
Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old January 27, 2009, 10:24 AM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
I exit crysis, go into Evga Precision... Up my core clock from stock 738Mhz to lets say 800Mhz....
Far to aggressive and Crysis will sniff out a poor OC everytime!!!
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
crysis vs. crysis warhead shayan288 Gaming 2 January 7, 2009 10:18 AM
For Sale: $20 Crysis Warhead Digital Rights w/Crysis 1 CD Key arekieh Buy/Sell & Trade 0 October 6, 2008 08:20 PM
EVGA Precision Overclocking Tool Confirmed for This Week Hardware Canucks Video Cards 6 May 6, 2008 04:50 AM
Anyone try EVGA precision GPU tweaker? Babrbarossa Video Cards 7 May 4, 2008 09:06 AM
BNIB EVGA 8800GTS 512MB Crysis edition-$220 and Galaxy KFA2 8800gt 512MB-$160 rom0n Buy/Sell & Trade 8 May 1, 2008 02:36 AM