Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2009, 08:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

well I'm a one step at a time kinda guy, found where I can change my FSB speed finally.
It was at 200, so without touching anything else, I set it to 300, rebooted, and voila, I gots 2.25gHz on the Processor!!!
Mind you, it automatically set my Multiplier back to 7.5. Voltage is on Auto right now, I gotta do this one step at a time to get comfortable in the bios lol!
Thank you for the notes, I'll start figuring this out.
What does everyone use to test Stability?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 29, 2009, 08:47 PM
MVP

i use what hwc uses in there stabilty test / look up a mb review and u will find them

set your fid 2 vid 2 manuel and u can set your multiplyer 2 what ever your cpu allows i think 10 is the max 4 the 170

make sure all your overvolts r disabled i think there was 4 of them

i had ddr 500 ram from ocz but when u get there if your havin ram problums i can give u all the settings i used 4 max fsb

so if your at 300fsb now and your ram is on auto the limit setting is probubly b at 133 which wood b a little lower than 200mhz

i wood change all the options 2 manuel 2 try and get a better feel 4 the board and work your way up by 5 fsb at a time on stock volts set ram limit 2 the lowest i think it is 100/till u find the best performance/ cpu v that u want 2 go

then start playin with the ram limits 2 find the max your ram can go

myself ive allways found that using the highest cpu multiplyer that i can is just as good as having a really high fsb on the mb / and its not as hard on the m b which means it should last longer
Old January 30, 2009, 08:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Okay Hightest, I will give it a shot and see what happens tommorow.
Hopefully I don't melt it just yet but its better to test it on an old system first to get the feel.

I'll let you know my progress,

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com