Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default I7 Overclocks

I see more and more i7 in the members signature here, and I was wondering if we could share some settings.

Here is mine :

As you can see, running 8 thread in Boinc. I got an oc of 4.1 once the turbo mode kicks in and my temps are somewhat under control. My CPU is under water has you can see in my sign. Also, my GTX280 is in the same loop..... I'd like to share some Bios settings, what do you guys use to take picture of it ? Normal camera ?
Attached Images

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....

Last edited by matsta31; December 10, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old December 10, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice work- Damn you and your 1366 waterblock adapter!

If you've gained any nuggets of wisdom in the secrets of the x58, post some tip at this thread:

Got any i7 OC tips?
Old December 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Actually not lots of wisdom, I feel it was kind of too easy..... wondering If I skipped something...

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 10, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you read the motherboard manual- looks like there are some interesting things to tweak on these- NB clock skew, CPU diff amp, CPU clock skew- all supposedly can affect your overclock, seems like trial and error, but lots to keep the OCer occupied- maybe only the difference between 4.1 and 4.2, but I guess taht's what it's about- I can't wait.
Old December 10, 2008, 09:02 PM
Top Prospect

Default Jealous Barbarossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Nice work- Damn you and your 1366 waterblock adapter!

If you've gained any nuggets of wisdom in the secrets of the x58, post some tip at this thread:

Got any i7 OC tips?

Guess which one cost $4.25 and which costs $10.99.

The noctua comes with way more stuff, a better back plate, springs and a color instruction guide and it costs 4.25.

The core i7 plate for the gtz comes with nothing almost and you have to recycle everything from the old set. It also tells me to reuse the allen wrench that was part of the original gtz package to disassemble the package. However none is included, grr. Well hopefully I have one.

I bought the noctua to see if it would work as a holddown plate for other blocks.
Old December 12, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Lol, I tought I had lost the allen Key !

By the way, anyone got any problem with RAM voltage and I7/X58 ? I am aat 1.64 for now. I read rumor where you ahve to keep it .5 from the memory controller voltage. Anyone heard/know anything different ?

Sold hardware again.....