Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   Probably the Wrong board to try on...but (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/12693-probably-wrong-board-try-but.html)

Soultribunal December 9, 2008 06:08 AM

Probably the Wrong board to try on...but

Has anyone OC'd on a DG35EC (Intel Board) with an E4700 (@ 2.6) before?
I know the damn thing is has speed-step on it which clocks down the processor. That is one of the first things I'd like to get rid of on it, and beyond that I'd like to push the Processor to the 3-3.16 Ghz range. I figure I'd use my older E4700 before I started messing around with the E8400 sitting in my Apollo ATM.

The cooler on board can handle the clock, I just need a step in the right direction for this board, if its at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
ST

D4ng3r December 9, 2008 09:28 PM

1.Find a DG35EC
2.Decide to overclock on it
3.Put paper, some small flammible items, and kindling near CPU
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!

Soultribunal December 10, 2008 05:50 AM

I'm Taking that as a No then?
LOL

Fair enough, I guess I'm upgrading to the p45 Chipset on the DP45SG Instead.
Would that suffice for OC'ing Territory?

ST

geokilla December 10, 2008 06:57 AM

Why are you using Intel motherboards? Intel motherboards are mainly the reason why you can't overclock in the first place. No point in wasting money to get another Intel motherboard.

If you want OC capabilities, read review from hardware sites such as here (Hardware Canucks), AnandTech, Legit Reviews, etc etc.

As for which motherboard, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. If you want to keep it around $100, a P43 motherboard should be more than enough to push your E4700 to your desired speed. The Gigabyte EP43-DS3L (can't remember exactly the model) should suffice.

Soultribunal December 10, 2008 07:24 AM

Dammit, I responded to this and IE ate my response. So here is attempt #2 lol!

I like Intel Boards because they have never given me an issue throughout the years I have been using them. As well my Father Gets a really good deal on Intel boards so its very tempting to stick with them after all these years.

I would imagine the p45 Series boards being their Extreme Edition would have some capabilities to be OC'd but I could be mistaken.
I will take what you said and do some research on other Manufacturers to see if I can find something I like.
Thank you for your time,

Best Regards,
ST

kzEr December 10, 2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 124596)
Dammit, I responded to this and IE ate my response. So here is attempt #2 lol!

I like Intel Boards because they have never given me an issue throughout the years I have been using them. As well my Father Gets a really good deal on Intel boards so its very tempting to stick with them after all these years.

I would imagine the p45 Series boards being their Extreme Edition would have some capabilities to be OC'd but I could be mistaken.
I will take what you said and do some research on other Manufacturers to see if I can find something I like.
Thank you for your time,

Best Regards,
ST

I believe a few reviews were done on the so-called Overclocking subset of Intel boards and they still failed miserably...
ie. [H] Enthusiast - Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard