Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2008, 03:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default check my cpuz`s

check mmy screen capture and let me know if i can get more oc out of my chip , or should i leave alone and maybe drop voltages?
Attached Images

Old December 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Use coretemp or Realtemp to check your load temps. If under 60-65, you can probably add some volts (up to a max of 1.4V) and push your OC a bit more.

Or, you can leave your OC alone, and try lowering your vCore. Lower a notch, run OCCT for 2 hours. If it passes, lower another notch.

Honestly though, you're at 4.0Ghz. That's a decent OC for that chip. What will 4.1 do for you? Unless you're doing Superpi or other benchmarks, you won't notice the difference.
Old December 1, 2008, 03:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

Just seeing what i can get it to on aqn Oc with out smoking the chip and i am on water on just my cpu :)
Old December 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

OK, then use option 1 above. Just watch your load temps. If you're at 37 on idle, you may be around 50 at load, based on my system anyway.

Good luck!
Old December 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

I would definitely try for more. Intel's spec sheet for E8400 (identical to the E3110 as far as I know) says anything higher than 1.45V will cause damage to the processor. Of course, there are people who say less can do it, and people who've run 1.5V and seem to not have any degradation, so be careful with the voltage. I personally would go to a max of 1.45V, but thats just me. I'd start by tightening the RAM timings to 5-5-5-15 (unless that is the limiting factor in the overclock). Then I would up the voltage a little and see how far the chip can get with 1.4V and safe temperatures.
Old December 1, 2008, 05:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

sounds good on the timings gonna play with it and see what i can get her stable to , will let ya know tomm eve what i have gotten her to stable at ! might even impress you guys:)
Old December 2, 2008, 02:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

well i am pretty maxed out at my previous settings ! that being said what would you guys change hardware wise , except teh chip i really like this chip:)

my MB is a MSI neo 2 , Gskill ram 4 gig water cooled cpu