Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

    
View Poll Results: Would it be a good idea to add benchmark threads to post our overclocks and scores?
Yes i think it is a good idea 19 82.61%
I am not sure 4 17.39%
No it is not a good idea 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old November 21, 2008, 06:07 AM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

I agree with both, too many sub-section is never good that said. I agree a benchmark section would be nice for those members so incinled, hey not all of us may use it but then again not all of us Game and we have a Gaming section. Avid Gamer here though:)
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old November 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
Finch's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I agree with both, too many sub-section is never good that said. I agree a benchmark section would be nice for those members so incinled, hey not all of us may use it but then again not all of us Game and we have a Gaming section. Avid Gamer here though:)
well its not that complicated realy. imagine this; you put in the overclocking forum ONE subforum called benchmarking and in that subforum you put 4-5 popular benchmarks threads and nothing else. its clean and not realy complicated to navigate. IMO it would be the best way. if not then put those threads as sticky directly in the overclocking thread but that way would be a little bit less clean
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old November 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
icodeit's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 75
Default

I would like to see system spec's and benchmark results. Gives me an idea of how my rig performs in comparison to other like rigs to make sure it I'm getting good performance.

But I think a couple sticky's might do the job.
__________________
----------------------------------------
ASUS Z87-Pro - Intel 4770k
Corsair H80i
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 06:11 PM
Finch's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 238
Default

i want more votes!

it is a win so far
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
Chilly's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icodeit View Post
I would like to see system spec's and benchmark results. Gives me an idea of how my rig performs in comparison to other like rigs to make sure it I'm getting good performance.

But I think a couple sticky's might do the job.

Agreed, a couple sticky's with someone updating an excel sheet, that or some sort of VB mod that allows us to do it automatically.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 07:51 PM
1Tanker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Agreed, a couple sticky's with someone updating an excel sheet, that or some sort of VB mod that allows us to do it automatically.
I voted yes...yesterday.. but i like bench lists. Having a top 20(or whatever #) list is good incentive, and adds a little competetiveness to the mix. For those that say " it only leads to fried hardware, etc."...you don't have to participate. My main forum does this.. a thread for each bench maybe ~12 in all, but you wouldn't have to do as many benches if they're not wanted. Members post their scores, and someone(who's been appointed to the position) scours the thread once in a while.. to get recent scores and update the list. It's actually pretty simple... no spreadsheets needed... just a simple list that can be edited in the original post.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
Finch's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
I voted yes...yesterday.. but i like bench lists. Having a top 20(or whatever #) list is good incentive, and adds a little competetiveness to the mix. For those that say " it only leads to fried hardware, etc."...you don't have to participate. My main forum does this.. a thread for each bench maybe ~12 in all, but you wouldn't have to do as many benches if they're not wanted. Members post their scores, and someone(who's been appointed to the position) scours the thread once in a while.. to get recent scores and update the list. It's actually pretty simple... no spreadsheets needed... just a simple list that can be edited in the original post.
exactly what i was saying... in other words

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
1Tanker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
exactly what i was saying... in other words

Ooops....sorry...yes...i see that now, after rereading your post. Oh well... i second(or whatever #) the motion.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 08:29 PM
Finch's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
Ooops....sorry...yes...i see that now, after rereading your post. Oh well... i second(or whatever #) the motion.
its ok dude. i am happy that ppl are generaly interested to my idea and i hope mods see's this

btw i would be happy to be assigned to this.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old November 22, 2008, 08:34 PM
Eagle Eye's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Posts: 2,069

My System Specs

Default

I'll wait and see what the new features have to offer, for now you have a "I'm not sure" vote from me.

EE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes