Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

View Poll Results: Would it be a good idea to add benchmark threads to post our overclocks and scores?
Yes i think it is a good idea 19 82.61%
I am not sure 4 17.39%
No it is not a good idea 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2008, 06:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with both, too many sub-section is never good that said. I agree a benchmark section would be nice for those members so incinled, hey not all of us may use it but then again not all of us Game and we have a Gaming section. Avid Gamer here though:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I agree with both, too many sub-section is never good that said. I agree a benchmark section would be nice for those members so incinled, hey not all of us may use it but then again not all of us Game and we have a Gaming section. Avid Gamer here though:)
well its not that complicated realy. imagine this; you put in the overclocking forum ONE subforum called benchmarking and in that subforum you put 4-5 popular benchmarks threads and nothing else. its clean and not realy complicated to navigate. IMO it would be the best way. if not then put those threads as sticky directly in the overclocking thread but that way would be a little bit less clean
Old November 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
Top Prospect

I would like to see system spec's and benchmark results. Gives me an idea of how my rig performs in comparison to other like rigs to make sure it I'm getting good performance.

But I think a couple sticky's might do the job.
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old November 22, 2008, 06:11 PM
Top Prospect

i want more votes!

it is a win so far
Old November 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by icodeit View Post
I would like to see system spec's and benchmark results. Gives me an idea of how my rig performs in comparison to other like rigs to make sure it I'm getting good performance.

But I think a couple sticky's might do the job.

Agreed, a couple sticky's with someone updating an excel sheet, that or some sort of VB mod that allows us to do it automatically.
Old November 22, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Agreed, a couple sticky's with someone updating an excel sheet, that or some sort of VB mod that allows us to do it automatically.
I voted yes...yesterday.. but i like bench lists. Having a top 20(or whatever #) list is good incentive, and adds a little competetiveness to the mix. For those that say " it only leads to fried hardware, etc."...you don't have to participate. My main forum does this.. a thread for each bench maybe ~12 in all, but you wouldn't have to do as many benches if they're not wanted. Members post their scores, and someone(who's been appointed to the position) scours the thread once in a while.. to get recent scores and update the list. It's actually pretty simple... no spreadsheets needed... just a simple list that can be edited in the original post.
Old November 22, 2008, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
I voted yes...yesterday.. but i like bench lists. Having a top 20(or whatever #) list is good incentive, and adds a little competetiveness to the mix. For those that say " it only leads to fried hardware, etc."...you don't have to participate. My main forum does this.. a thread for each bench maybe ~12 in all, but you wouldn't have to do as many benches if they're not wanted. Members post their scores, and someone(who's been appointed to the position) scours the thread once in a while.. to get recent scores and update the list. It's actually pretty simple... no spreadsheets needed... just a simple list that can be edited in the original post.
exactly what i was saying... in other words

Old November 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
exactly what i was saying... in other words

Ooops....sorry...yes...i see that now, after rereading your post. Oh well... i second(or whatever #) the motion.
Old November 22, 2008, 08:29 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
Ooops....sorry...yes...i see that now, after rereading your post. Oh well... i second(or whatever #) the motion.
its ok dude. i am happy that ppl are generaly interested to my idea and i hope mods see's this

btw i would be happy to be assigned to this.
Old November 22, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll wait and see what the new features have to offer, for now you have a "I'm not sure" vote from me.

EE