Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2008, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Once I get my rig built I'll be in.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old February 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default HWBot.org

I believe we are in the process of getting our team setup on HWBot.org. Please be patient....In the meantime....here's some info on HWBot.org:

"What is hwbot?
Hwbot is a website dedicated to gathering specifications and benchmarks of computer hardware. You can use hwbot to compare processors or videocards with each other, or to compare your own computer to ten thousands of other people, to see whether it performs well. Hwbot is not limited to one benchmark application, but a whole suite of the most popular benchmark applications available.

Hwbot is unique in several ways. In contrary to other hardware sites, the performance of the hardware is not based on one user experience, but based on a community of thousands of users. This is especially usefull when inspecting the overclockability of a processor or videocard. One reviewer being able to overclock a certain processor 20% over stock speed means very little, but if hundreds of users manage to overclock it by 20% on average, you know a whole lot more.

Using hwbot encourages your forum vistors. You can configure our botservice to scan a specific forum topic to monitor for benchmark results. If a forum visitor posts a benchmark result in the topic, it will automatically be added to the team ranking once scanned by a bot.

Due to the excellent set of features and active crew, hwbot has grown to be the favorite place for overclockers (people who run there system faster than factory settings) to compete. Check out the team, member and result hall of fame."

In other words, we create a great Canadian Overclocking Team and we submit all of our benchmark scores into HWBot. With all those points gathered we should be able to destroy some other teams!

Does this help? If so...spread the word and join our team (as soon as it's ready) and then we'll go kick some @$$! LOL
Old February 5, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

hwbot ftw! I cant join tho, Im already on a team. :) If you like benching it is alot of fun tho, plus they have country rankings now, Canada is 30th or thereabouts so make sure you set up your nationality in your account.

Mr. 3oh6 is #1 in Canada, until I pass him anyway hehehe, jk man. ;)
Old February 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm. So you're saying that some of the biggest "players" here are already part of a hwbot Team? And they can't join our upcoming small team?
Old February 5, 2008, 01:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Hmm. So you're saying that some of the biggest "players" here are already part of a hwbot Team? And they can't join our upcoming small team?
Yeah, that's what he is saying. It is all about loyalty and prestige.
Old February 5, 2008, 01:32 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Too bad; they would have been a great help for a small start-up team. But that doesn't mean we cannot start our own!
Old February 5, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Here are the current top canuck benchers, points, and teams they are associated with.

But yeah, just because some of us are already on a team doesnt mean you cant still start one, Im sure there will be plenty interested. hwbot is great for the enthusiast scene in general and is alot of fun to compete in.
Attached Images

Old February 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

So has anyone actually created one yet? We keep talking about but is someone gonna step upto the plate or is this gonna be a dying idea because other people are involved.
Old February 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
Allstar

I just made one for Hardware Canucks.

hwbot.org - Daily News.

It's the newest one, so just join the team and submit your benchmarks. (I think it's open to everyone, if not, let me know and I'll figure it out).
Old February 5, 2008, 02:14 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

FYI. Sign-up is progressing. A notice will be posted shortly by WankerFX.