Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Voltage advice.

Even on stock settings I cannot seem to get my comp to remain stable while folding.

I've gone back to the basics. Everything is entirely stock, all auto settings and I'm going to redo everything manually step by step.

What should I set my voltages for the following (Rig in sig):

Q6600 CPU Core @ Auto is 1.275v

EVGA 750i CPU FSB @ Auto is 1.20v

Mushkin Redline Memory @ Auto is 1.9 (I've set it to 2.0)

nForce SPP @ Auto is 1.30v

nf200 @ Auto is 1.2v

I've looked at all stock voltages on these parts boxes and even those didn't seem to work so I'm hoping an experienced oc'er can help here.

Then I'll go from there and re oc the system.

I've done every test under the sun and have no hardware failures it's just these auto settings f'ing me up i'm sure.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you run a long prime on it at stock?

If it won't run stable at stock speeds, my first thought would memory timings... best would be to ask Greg about timings for your motherboard + that memory.

Aside from that... I'd bump both the cpu and NB volts up one notch and see if that makes a difference.

Do you have a temp sensor on your NB? Is it possible that it's got a crappy application of TIM and is over heating during extended stress?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 6, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've got the timings at stock, and that's the thing - it runs stable on prime for even up to 48 hours, I've done 24 hours on OCCT as well.

I don't think I have a temp sensor on my NB but it's possible it could overheat, my case is well ventilated though. Hmm
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 20, 2008, 10:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've heard the q6600's need a little voltage boost over stock to be stable when torture tested. Also I'm told that folding the the most stringent stability test. Problem with the so called dedicated stability tests is that it may take hours/days to hit a sequence that causes a failure. OCCT is kinda useless atleast in my experience, I've run OC's for hours and hours but prime95 and orthos failed it in seconds. Maybe others get better use out of it then me.

Lastly, I think the 'auto' voltage for the core2 duos is inconsitent. My chips don't match what I google about the chips, oh and my q6600 auto voltage is 1.225V just to give you an example. My e3110 says its 1.112V or so which doesn't match what I've found. So maybe try bumping that cpu voltage and see if it helps. And finally I run my redlines at 2.1V, they won't run anywhere near stock speeds without that.

Hope that might help.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water