Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   e8400 + biostar i45 help (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/10978-e8400-biostar-i45-help.html)

miggs78 October 17, 2008 10:34 PM

e8400 + biostar i45 help

I need some OC help please..

Rig specs are in sig.. it is under water right now.. I got the cpu stable @ 3.8ghz on auto settings, anything more than that on fsb BSOD, I tried memtest, with fsb on 450 (for 4ghz) I get million errors, so I raised both the RAM voltage and CPU voltage backed the fsb to 440, but still memtest gives errors, but not as many now..

Any suggestions, I would like to get this to at least 4ghz..

FreqE1 October 17, 2008 11:04 PM

At stock speeds does Memtest pass several passes? That's where I's start.

If the ram is good maybe goose the NB voltage a smidge.

miggs78 October 17, 2008 11:14 PM

At what speed though, at 3.8 it passes (I left it about 70%) no errors.. Anything more than that, it keeps failing.

FreqE1 October 18, 2008 05:15 AM

The only BIOS I've really dove into was a pretty simple one as far as voltages go. it could adjust CPU, RAM, NB and SB. It didn't have any of the other fancier voltages so I won't be much help.

If the ram is good all I can suggest is to up the NB by a notch or two and give the ram a little more juice unless you are already too high on the ram. I'd try the NB first and see what happens.

Other than that you are going to need someone more experienced than I.

Good luck!

enaberif October 18, 2008 03:33 PM

make sure you set your fsb strap as well to 333 or 400

miggs78 October 18, 2008 04:13 PM

Oh ok.. Heya Curt to the rescue.. Thanks.

How do I work around the voltages, the +thing on top of the current voltage, does it work like that.. Just not used to it..

miggs78 October 18, 2008 07:53 PM

I don't believe this, when somebody else asks for help, they get enough help from lots of people, nobody wants to help me, am I so disliked or what

enaberif October 18, 2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 (Post 102224)
I don't believe this, when somebody else asks for help, they get enough help from lots of people, nobody wants to help me, am I so disliked or what

:blarg:

By saying things like this people are going to less likely want to help you.

Its saturday.. people are busy and aren't sitting around their computers.

Would you like help or are you going to keep being like this?

3.0charlie October 18, 2008 08:41 PM

Don't know the Biostar BIOS at all - never owned one, but Bud - if you wish to start oc'ing, stop using Auto settings. That will not allow you to reach 4.0.

For a start, my ex.E8400 needed 1.4V+ for 4.0.

jay51 October 18, 2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 (Post 102224)

nah it's not that...im reading your thread and learning too. :thumb:
i have no info to offer you,im still trying to OC my 8400 but don't know how..
hope you figure it out :)