Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2008, 07:59 PM
Allstar

Default Nvidia Forceware 177.83 & Power Pack

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 177.83 drivers for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit and Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit. These drivers are only for GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series graphics cards, and aside from several fixes, they include full support for GPU-based PhysX on the above graphics cards, courtesy of the included 8.08.01 PhysX drivers which are part of this Forceware package.

To allow you to experiment with the new GPU-accelerated PhysX capabilities, Nvidia has also released the GeForce Power Pack, a set of games and tech demos which support PhysX and highlight its benefits. The pack also contains the full Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX Mod Pack, since UT3 supports additional PhysX-based levels which GeForce 8, 9 and 200 series owners can now access.

Force Within: Download
Old August 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm using 175.19 which are very stable and run great in XP and VIsta - 179.79 was very unstable for me, in BIOSHOCK VIsta32.... I will give these a try, but this whole PhysX thing, especially on GPU intensive games might actually impact the frame rate - Some games were reported going from 89FS to 59FPS. I think the real benefit will come from some older games that relied more heavily on the CPU, in these cases you could see an increase - but for newer GPU intensive games, but cost you some frame rate, and I think this PhysX thing would be ideal on a SLI setup or at least a GTX260.
Old September 12, 2008, 08:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Any way off shutting it off to not get the frame rate drop. Haven't moved to this release yet but would like to know just in case.
Old October 4, 2008, 09:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
Any way off shutting it off to not get the frame rate drop. Haven't moved to this release yet but would like to know just in case.
you can mate switch physx off it is NVIDIA Corporation/NVIDIA PhysX Properties in start/all programs
Old October 4, 2008, 03:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam View Post
you can mate switch physx off it is NVIDIA Corporation/NVIDIA PhysX Properties in start/all programs
Old October 4, 2008, 03:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

wasn't someone on HWC testing the Physx on a secondary card? I've lost track of the thread? or maybe my mind???
Old October 4, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the link yamawho.

1x240 GB Mushkin Chronos Enhanced SSD - 1x500 GB Seagate Hybrid Momentus - 1X2 TB Western Digital Green - Pioneer DVR-212D - Antec P182 - Rosewill Photon 850 - 2X24" Acer G246HYL - Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!