Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2008, 08:05 PM
Allstar

I think that XP does better since its age has given programmers the time to optimize their coding for it. While for vista they are just scratching their heads over certain lines that just don't work well.
Old August 9, 2008, 10:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

All about preference, since the prices aren't that bad if you buy OEM, I say why not, when DX10 games come around(and those that DO support DX10 look AMAZING) its nice to have. Plus I would say the networking is vastly improved in Vista, 2-4 seconds to connect to a wireless network vs 30-40 on XP(same machine).

As for compatability, lemme put it this way, C&C Red Alert(the one that lists windows 95 as a requirement) works just fine.

If you have XP already, whatever, XP it is(free>$$$)
Old August 10, 2008, 07:46 AM
MVP

i have to agree with the comment above problem is with the networking it takes me a minute to connect and my wireless driver didn't even work in vista until i had an update 6 months later. Then it worked fine so really i hate vista i think it is annoying and almost like a party girl dumb, pretty, and unsafe:P but you know vista still is my prefrence over xp
Old August 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by andynerd View Post
i have to agree with the comment above problem is with the networking it takes me a minute to connect and my wireless driver didn't even work in vista until i had an update 6 months later. Then it worked fine so really i hate vista i think it is annoying and almost like a party girl dumb, pretty, and unsafe:P but you know vista still is my prefrence over xp
I have to disagree with the above statements about networking in vista... its a royal PITA to find ANYTHING for networking which is another gripe of mine.
Old August 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I have to disagree with the above statements about networking in vista... its a royal PITA to find ANYTHING for networking which is another gripe of mine.
i didn't let it on too much but ya the networking and internet is CRAP only thing that works (now) is the wireless no networking no filesharing bearly anything works accept the wireless internet connection and some parts of that don't even work well (it drops every half an hour) for me atleast