Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2008, 07:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You have to leave the decision up to yourself. Some people love Vista and some people hate Vista. You just need to try it yourself and decide. Don't base your decision off other people's rants.

I've used Vista since it came out back in January and there was tons of problems with drivers. The OS itself was fine, just the drivers made it unstable. However now that has improved greatly and all my hardware works perfect and thus the OS is stable.

You can obtain Vista is not-so-legal ways and install it as a 30 (maybe its 15) day trial (by not entering a key when it asks) if you just want to give it a shot. If you like it and it works with your hardware, then buy a copy and enter the key and it'll activate.
Old August 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I love Vista. That being said, DX10 is a MAJOR joke. Anyone that upgrades to Vista for DX10 only needs a head examination. For me, I built a new PC and needed a new copy of Windows and I feel no need to keep flogging that dinosaur named XP. I have just as many if not more problems with XP than Vista. Some people hate it just to hate it. Vista is far easier to install and runs everything just as well. All the arguments being used against Vista were the same ones used against XP when it was released.

I also firmly believe now that Mr. Gates is no longer at the wheel of M$, we will see some major slowdowns on the next release of Windows and I also believe Vista will live to be older than XP before it is replaced. As much as people like to vilify Bill Gates, he was the main driving force for Microsoft. Now that the shareholders are firmly in control, they will care far more about profit than innovation.

I wouldn't purposely upgrade a PC with a legal copy of XP to Vista, but any new PC I build is Vista only.
Old August 3, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

i understand but i want to know if unstable driver is solved unlike before...

my brother's laptop use vista home so i test it at many times... i find it very annoying because everyday updater is kept coming up with new updates... AND admin control is required my double confirmation... there are some software that can't be support in vista ;\ or even i try to use "run this program in comparability mod for" option...

i understand that sp1 is greatly improving... so i want to know for sure...

i am happy to re-test sp1... but not on my computer ;p

i am not sure what you mean that dx10 is not big deal... i can see huge different between dx10 and dx9 ( light, shade, detail non-flat and mood)
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.