Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2008, 01:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Vista Gadgets

Anyone got a good collection of Gadgets on there Vista?

I have found a few generic ones. I am looking for one that can give me CPU and GPU temps.
Old August 2, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, there is the one I used to use. You can find it here: Windows Live Gallery

Unfortunately it doesn't give temperatures, at least I don't think so, but it does give you everything else. Hard drive space, CPU usage, uptime, mem usage, etc. And it is fairly customizable.

What I do use now for temps and other info is the gadget portion of Everest. I find that works great for my needs.

Old August 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Everest Ultimate has a Vista Sidebar program that you can show almost every thing that the mobo will show.I am using it to show all 4 cores on CPU temps and both GPU temps plus CPU clock,multiplier.FSP and Mobo temp and CPU core voltage plus +12V voltage.You can download Everst Ultimate free ,then go to file after you start program you will see a Preferences tap,this will show you the Vista sidebar and what your mobo will give you for items.The only problem i have found is CPU temps are off by +5C but other than that great.( Sorry ipaine missed your post,blame it on the beer)

Last edited by MajorBuzzon; August 2, 2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old August 2, 2008, 05:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Interesting. Cool gadget, better then the one I was using.
Old August 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBuzzon View Post
Everest Ultimate has a Vista Sidebar program that you can show almost every thing that the mobo will show.I am using it to show all 4 cores on CPU temps and both GPU temps plus CPU clock,multiplier.FSP and Mobo temp and CPU core voltage plus +12V voltage.You can download Everst Ultimate free ,then go to file after you start program you will see a Preferences tap,this will show you the Vista sidebar and what your mobo will give you for items.The only problem i have found is CPU temps are off by +5C but other than that great.( Sorry ipaine missed your post,blame it on the beer)
Everest Ultimate is free or "free" ;) ;) ? It still says Trial on their website ...

The only gadget I really ever used was the one from The Weather Network ... and it worked fine for a while, but it had a memory leak, so I took it off ... It was consuming nearly 600 MB by itself after about 3 weeks of uptime ...

I also had an uptime counter gadget as well, but same memory leak issue, except worse ... Memory usage went up w/ every second

Last edited by Jmac; August 2, 2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old August 2, 2008, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I think you can download Everest Ulimate 2007 at The guru of 3D for free
Old August 3, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBuzzon View Post
( Sorry ipaine missed your post,blame it on the beer)
No worries, at least you explained it much better then I did. It really is the best gadget I have seen, at least for my uses. Plus it sits on my secondary monitor so if I have a game up I can still see the temps of my cards and cpu.