Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default quick question...

Seemed that I had some trojans on my pc..I have Kaspersky 7.0, Spybot, Ad-aware, Hitman Pro..what else do I need to install?

So, now that "i guess i'm free" ..its normal that those things remain in the msconfig thingie?..They aren't showing up in regedit..
Old July 21, 2008, 05:18 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Google the names of those startup items and tells us what it tells ya
Old July 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Seems that i've been infected with "antivirus xp 2008"

This is how I got rid of Antivirus XP 2008. It is different than the XP Antivirus 2008 most sites refer to.

First you need to stop the program from loading on startup. This is what you do to stop it:

Start, run

Type msconfig

Go to Startup tab

Uncheck lphc35dj0e1an
Uncheck rhc75dj0e1an

Click apply, then ok
Restart computer

Then you need to delete the main files this program uses. Delete the following file:

C:\windows\system32\lphc35dj0e1an.exe

Then delete the following folder and all files in it:

C:\program files\rhc75dj0e1an

This should remove the program from your system but you probably still have a warning message displayed as your wallpaper in Windows and the virus removed the ability to change the wallpaper or your desktop settings.

To restore ability to change your desktop settings and select a different wallpaper and screen saver do the following:

Start, run

type Gpedit.msc

Navigate to User configuration, Administrative Templates, Control Panel, Display

Right click on Remove Display in Control Panel
Click on Properties and select Disabled

Do the same steps to change the following attributes to disabled:

Hide Desktop Tab
Prevent changing wallpaper
Hide Apperance and Themes tab
Hide Settings tab
Hide Screen Saver tab

You should now be able to use your computer normally and change the wallpaper to something other than the warning message Antivirus XP 2008 set it to.

Those names don't show up nothing specifically on google..but it seems they're the same..
Old July 21, 2008, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I once had someone who brought me a computer that was INFESTED with viruses. One of the things there was similar to that program you talk about. I found that the easiest way to remove it was to either use SpyHunter or ESET Nod32.
Old July 21, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm not infected..I was, but those things just remained there in the msconfig startup list..i've scanned already in safemode with kaspersky, ad-aware, spybot..etc and nothing found, so there's no need to install nod and spyhunter ...I don't think they represent a threat since they weren't found as infected..
Old July 21, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I use trendmicro's online scan option. Its a very powerful scan and removal system.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old July 21, 2008, 08:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

Sometimes its just easier to toss anything you want on an external and to reformat
Old July 21, 2008, 10:31 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_di2 View Post
Sometimes its just easier to toss anything you want on an external and to reformat
Agreed.

That antivirus xp 2008 thing is pretty brutal. I saw it on my neighbor's computer when I was helping him with something else. He didn't remember installing it so I tried to get rid of it but it kept coming back. Not sure what he did with it after. But needless to say it definitely is the opposite of antivirus software.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old July 22, 2008, 03:33 AM
Allstar

just downlaod and isntall trojan remover, its free for 30 days and its working like a charm ..

used it more then once on friend/family infected computer and they are now all working like be4

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old July 22, 2008, 04:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

An updated Spybot S&D run in safe mode is ususally pretty decent. Especially if you don't want to pay for anything. You can find programs that will remove those startup entries in msconfig. I use ccleaner (short for crap cleaner I heard) and it works great but it can be dangerous if you remove the wrong thing.