Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default [RELEASE] ATI 4800 Series Driver Hotfix

I snatched the urls for the hotfix drivers for the 4800 series cards, in case people are too lazy to use the CD or too lazy to find the URL. They are compatible for both 32- and 64-bit computers.

Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit

Windows Vista 32-bit/64-Bit
Old July 11, 2008, 07:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh.. Mr. Bojangles.. The guy who dances for nickels..
Just kidding.

Anyways.. With the new drivers and all, how good are the 4800 series against the new NVIDIA cards? Specifically the 9800GTX and GTX280. Because ATI seems to have gained the upper hand on the graphics war, with all the price drops and all over at NVIDIA..
Old July 11, 2008, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I forgot to mention that these are only the 8.6 drivers. The 8.7's have not been released yet. In terms of the driver stability, these work relaly well.

Even though the prices have dropped considerably with the GTX200 cards, the 4800s are still the better buy unless you simply like the green. I recently bought the 4850 and have never regretted it since. (Only had it for 2 days now lol). Also, since these are not even WHQL drivers yet, I'm sure over the next 6 months or so, these cards will perform better by the end, say 10% more? That's quite a good deal, and crossfire is looking more and more worth it as the days go by.