Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

"Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed"

Periodically I get this message in my new Vista 64 install. I've been googling it but nothing seems to really give me a resolution or fix. Anyone know anything about this?
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bump! /annoy :P haha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 12, 2008, 09:52 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

hahahahahahahahaha....srry lost my mind there for a sec
yes the reason for it is that Vista sux. I had the same issue when running Vista after installing Windows Live however it can happen with almost any application you install after installing Vista
They claim most apps that cause the problem are Nero Photoshop DivX etc, I say the problem is Vista itself
I found a few pages on unverified ways to acheive a fix dependent upon the app causing the problem (and yes you first have to figure out which app is causing it) however I found the best fix to reformat my HD and reinstall XP
Good luck