Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2008, 07:06 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
People who think Vista is all that and a cup of tea are obviously people who don't care much about the OS and just use their computer email and internet.

People who actually use their computers and are productive with them realize how much of a piece of crap Vista is and hence why the adoption to it is so bad for. People want flexibility and ease of use with their computers and people who have been using computers for 15+ years don't feel that with Vista.

So to answer the OP .. yes your copy of Vista will be junk in a few years.. just like Windows ME..

Enjoy buying into the hype :)
Uh, I do lots of different stuff w/ my computer (loaded w/ Vista) and it works better than my "old" XP machine.

Gaming, graphic design, 3D modeling, CAD design, photo-editing, movie-editing, office work, etc.

I really don't see why you keep making it seem like any computer running Vista is incapable of doing anything.
Old May 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Uh, I do lots of different stuff w/ my computer (loaded w/ Vista) and it works better than my "old" XP machine.

Gaming, graphic design, 3D modeling, CAD design, photo-editing, movie-editing, office work, etc.

I really don't see why you keep making it seem like any computer running Vista is incapable of doing anything.
Its that it takes less resources in XP to do the same thing in Vista.
Old May 9, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I got $20 firebane hates 7 too.

Just poking a little fun @ you man, nothing personal, we all know how much you hate Vista.

Both have good points and bad but if I am gaming I'm usually in XP.

IMO 7 will be a better release than Vista for sure, then again it's MS
But I bet it's going to either use as much resources as Vista or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 9, 2008, 07:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No doubt in my mind it will use a lot more resources than Vista... it'll actually be doing something with them though..... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old May 9, 2008, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I got $20 firebane hates 7 too.

Just poking a little fun @ you man, nothing personal, we all know how much you hate Vista.

Both have good points and bad but if I am gaming I'm usually in XP.

IMO 7 will be a better release than Vista for sure, then again it's MS
But I bet it's going to either use as much resources as Vista or more.
You know its not Vista itself I hate its the interface and how everything feels so clumsy and hidden and that bothers me.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:18 PM
Allstar

The only thing that really prevents me from buying vista right now is that you can only activate it on 1 PC (based on motherboard ID number). I've used this copy of XP for 3 mobos now and I don't like having to buy a new OS when I need to RMA my mobo or upgrade. That's just extortion. The other shortcomings of vista I can deal with.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old May 10, 2008, 04:18 AM
Allstar

Talking

I don't think anybody(outside of MS) can tell you when 7 will be released final.
Only the backroom players at MS know that and its still a ways off.
Most of this 7 hype stems from the anti Vista camps.
Vista isn't garbage at all.
I am an XP fan and run vista more.
Still like XP but like Vista to.
I don't have the sidebar on and all that but I still like it and use it.
Enjoy what you have to use and have fun.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel SSD
Win 10 Pro x64

Old May 10, 2008, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
The only thing that really prevents me from buying vista right now is that you can only activate it on 1 PC (based on motherboard ID number). I've used this copy of XP for 3 mobos now and I don't like having to buy a new OS when I need to RMA my mobo or upgrade. That's just extortion. The other shortcomings of vista I can deal with.
But this is not true. I have used the same copy of Vista and I am on my 5th completely different PC. I mean 80%+ of the parts too including CPU/MOBO/GFX and I ahve gone back and forth to AMD and Intel too.

As for using too many resources, if you compare the price of current parts compared to parts when XP was released you can build a super computer to run Vista whereas XP only had a $3000 P3/P4 or AMD Athlon with very limited upgrade ability.

HTPC: Dell 960 SFF Q9550/Corsair 8GB/X4500HD/128GB SSD

Old May 10, 2008, 07:42 AM
Allstar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
But this is not true. I have used the same copy of Vista and I am on my 5th completely different PC. I mean 80%+ of the parts too including CPU/MOBO/GFX and I ahve gone back and forth to AMD and Intel too.

As for using too many resources, if you compare the price of current parts compared to parts when XP was released you can build a super computer to run Vista whereas XP only had a $3000 P3/P4 or AMD Athlon with very limited upgrade ability.
So true.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel SSD
Win 10 Pro x64