Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2008, 01:28 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've had Ubuntu 8.04 installed for a while on another machine, and i can't find any use for it other than a guest operating system for when i have guests over. That and checking email and web browsing.

On the plus side, the install is easy as can be. The system requirements are almost nothing and for what I have been using it for, it does the job excellent.
Old July 31, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well you can do everything with it...except for some people the terminal is annoying :p
Old July 31, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
I've installed Ubuntu the feisty version just to play a lil' bit..with having nothing to do..but Im going back to windows because of the ati drivers and some other reasons..i'm sick of installing packages..wget, sudo n shit.. :/
sudo = UAC :P

Except that it WORKs properly
Old July 31, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well..if ya know how to stabilize your windows, there's no point actually on getting linux...My vista has a 2 months uptime till now, and no problems..though ubuntu has a very frendly interface, you can meet some problems with ati drivers...nvidia doesn't have problems :p..and if ya'r a gamer..then some problems over there and here..even with cedega..
Old August 7, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
I've had Ubuntu 8.04 installed for a while on another machine, and i can't find any use for it other than a guest operating system for when i have guests over. That and checking email and web browsing.

On the plus side, the install is easy as can be. The system requirements are almost nothing and for what I have been using it for, it does the job excellent.
You know you forgot one more plus on it, no more games lol.. I've been trying to do that for over an year, but it doesn't work.. Maybe Ubuntu will help me