Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18, 2014, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Thief Specs

Thief system requirements released - how good a PC will you need to steal? | PC Gamer

Have to say, thank god for new consoles. Recommended specs that might actually be better than my PC.

4GB of ram. With this I'm sort of surprised they didn't limit it to 64bit OSes, how long now till people who buy 32bit Windows start really regretting it? If they haven't already that is

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better. Properly recent GPUs as recommended

20GB of a harddrive doesn't seem too bad these days, high res textures and other stuff I imagine starts taking up a lot of space. And really, I have no problem at all with games taking up 50GB+ if they are good games. Shaw might hate me more than they already do....

Looking forward to reviews of this game, Thief is an old favorite and might even be the first game to come with Mantle I probably wont be getting it right away though, anyone else?
Old January 18, 2014, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

looks to be a steam game
Old January 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can't wait to play this again when I first played it I was testing voice activated controls like swing swords or shooting moss arrows or rope or guardin was interesting controlling the game via voice commands back then.
Old January 23, 2014, 05:40 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

This looks incredible.
Old January 23, 2014, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a copy of this one waiting for me due to the never settle game bundle. By the time this is out I should have my new cards in and will be able to enjoy it to its fullest.

Old January 23, 2014, 06:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If they start me off near a well again I'm tossing a guard in there first thing.
Old January 23, 2014, 12:26 PM
MVP

Anyone using 32 bit Windows would be doing so situationally. And they can upgrade at no extra cost should their system support 64 bit Windows.

Thief specs aren't shocking at all. When consoles get a bump in specs, so too will AAA titles designed with them in mind.

If anything, specs--and therefore costs--were held back by the tenure of the previous generation of consoles.
Old January 23, 2014, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Favorite game series of all time. Pumped. Gonna wait a few months for the first few major patches, however.