Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2013, 02:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 Action Center

Keeps complaining that I need to install ASUS Cool 'n' Quiet. Really? On a Core2?
Old November 16, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

People still use the action center? Its one of the first things I disable.
Old November 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I also disable the action center , to me it reminds me of a cars check engine light ( idiot light) no I am not calling anyone that uses it an idiot I just think that the action cenmter is only good for people that are not familiar with the PC OS maintenance.
Old November 16, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Right you are. I was running Vista for years till a kind member sent me a copy of 7. I will investigate shutting it down. Thanks!
Old November 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I actually don't disable it. But there are good reasons for it. First I tell it to ignore most things and every once in a blue moon I have to tell it something else, so not really much work. But the big reason why I leave it and don't disable it is because of antivirus. It will let you know when there is no av software running and that can be a good thing because if your av is suddenly off chances are something got into your system and you need to address it.

Old November 16, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Won't MS Essentials be able to warn me if the AV isn't running? Or is action center the only part of the OS that would warn me?

The only "maintenance" I ever do is to clean the registry and drive of files/entries every blue moon. Maybe a defrag. I did a full virus scan the other day. But if the OS is running fine I usually leave it alone.