Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > O/S's, Drivers & General Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2013, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
This has been known for awhile now guys. A group in MDI forum put together set of 'slp cleaner' tools that should allow anyone to nuke the BIOS key and allow basically any win 8 to install. Havent tried it myself (took me the past 10 min to dig it up) as I avoid this crap like the plague.

SLP Marker File Update Utility

No idea if it will work or nuke anything important..so use em at your own risk. ;)
Perhaps been known.. But not apparently to everyone that it took someone like this to post about his issues and thus opened a whole can of worms LOL
Old October 22, 2013, 08:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

YUCK, yeah if i had known I wouldve tried to get pro maybe.

So I think the issue lies in Windows 8 PRO for me. I have win 8 basic, and i cant install PRO over that because of the embedded key BS... I need to get my hands on a w8 basic ISO, then use my key to upgrade after i get it on the ssd.

I might try that slp Nuke lol, but as a last resort... Thanks for all your help too!

Sold Items:
Steelseries Siberia V2 to MAK
Zalman Fan Controller, OCZ Mem Fan Funguseater

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!
Old October 23, 2013, 06:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So I called Dell this morning to ask for a reinstalltion disk, and wow. They have GREAT customer service!! No questions asked, they shipped out a USB version of windows 8, and it should be here by friday. They said they will have a technician call me Friday to see if i got the USB, then they will aid me with installing windows 8... I think as long as it is w8 home, ill be fine, but dang! I am impressed!!

Sold Items:

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!
Old October 25, 2013, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Small update for anyone interested. Dell express shipped my a USB drive with Dell recovery on it, which reinstalled windows 8 and almost all the drivers for my laptop. It took around 40 mins to get it al set up, SSD works great, and windows boots in under 10 seconds. Very happy with Dell. Just request a reinstall disk/dvd and they should do it NP

Sold Items: